RE: Star and overall layout of ship....

only1deejay

An online review of the star mentioned that you cant go from one end of the ship or midship easily without excessive stair climbing and/or elevator travel....true or false.... I understand their are alot of decks to explore...

since the star is older, I take it that princess designed each "sibling" after the star and makes them easier to navigate and learns from mistakes???

Im not a fan of stairwells much, but dont want to take along time to get somewheres.....

I mean how big are these beasts anyway??? 2 or 3 football fields long???

thanks.:)

From deck 7 and higher you can walk from one end of the ship to the other. On decks 5 and 6, the galley and other crew areas are just past midships so passenger areas stop at the midships elevators.

The reason people mention this so often is that the Traditional Dining Room is completely aft on deck 6. The only way to get there is to walk back to the aft elevators on deck 7 or higher, then take stairs or the elevator down to deck 6.

It's like this on most of the larger ships. Never bothered me, but it does seem to bug a lot of folks!

IMO - it is true.

But all of Princess's Grand class ships are designed this same way (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Crown, Caribbean, Emerald, Ruby, etc....).

Once you figure out how the layout is, you adjust. Those who have sailed on other lines who don't sail on Princess often think it is awkward. Those who only sail on Princess are used to it and think it is fine. I mostly sail on Princess but agree that it isn't the best design after sailing on other lines.

Just remember Deck 7 will get you from one end of the ship to the other. Once you realize that, you are fine.

Archived