How bad are your 'No Cruise Planned' Blues?

brwnIgir1

I just wondered how bad are your blues? I have been on two cruises and I have nothing planned. My husband is worried about his job so he's unwilling to book anything. I thought I could get my fix by reading the cruise reviews.... but I'm wondering if it is making it worse. Anyone else out there feeling half crazy like I do? :o

I just wondered how bad are your blues? I have been on two cruises and I have nothing planned. My husband is worried about his job so he's unwilling to book anything. I thought I could get my fix by reading the cruise reviews.... but I'm wondering if it is making it worse. Anyone else out there feeling half crazy like I do? :o

Yes, I'm in the same boat...so to speak! I HAD a cruise booked for March of 2012. I was so anxious to cruise again on the Serenade in the Southern Caribbean because that ship/part of the Caribbean are my favorites! I had to cancel when I lost my job. I was unemployed for a full year and am now working a temporary job, with no long-term guarantees. I've had to take a huge pay-cut, but it's better than unemployment!

I'm "PLANNING" my 2013 cruise, but can't actually BOOK anything until my financial situation is better. I'm sad that Serenade is being sent out of the USA, so I won't be sailing her again anytime soon. I'm considering her sister ship, Brilliance.

It does help me to plan...even if it's just "window shopping." Part of the joy of cruising is living the cruise in advance, through the research and planning of the trip. THAT doesn't cost me a penny!

Best of luck to you!!

BAD! That was before sis and I decided to take a last minute cruise next month. After that I can't go until the end of 2013! I come here to get my daily "fix' for cruising and I am also following a person who is doing the cruise I want to do in 2013.

These are "hard" times and so many people are worried about their jobs and bills. For me coming here is an excape from the "real world" The issues here are only important in a small scale. But I do enjoy the "entertainment".

Hope your husband's job becomes more secure and you can take that cruise in the near future.

You're not crazy, I'm in the same boat!

We just were able to squeeze in a cruise in September. Kept the onboard spending to a bare minimum. Finances suck, not likely a cruise is getting planned any time soon. I am looking into selling cruises part-time from home, so maybe that will make me feel better:D Nothing like hearing someone's excitement about going on a cruise!

I keep looking for a deal that I can't pass up and I keep talking to my friends to see if anyone else is interested. I've been saving money and could afford a short cruise but I'm not sure if I'd rather keep saving to go on a longer one once I have enough. I try to learn everything I can learn so when I do go, I'll know when and where.

I'm 78 days out from our next cruise and I've already been shopping for the next. I almost had DS convinced to do a cruise with me next September (she's never cruised), then we had that earthquake and she decided since she got nauseous from that little shake she wouldn't be able to take a cruise. I've been coming up with cruises for DH to look at, but he won't commit, he wants to wait until we purchase more FCCs which most likely means we won't cruise again until January 2013 :(.

One of my co-workers is cruising 2 days ahead of me and I know more about her itinerary and ship than she does :eek: but I'm not obsessed at all ;)

I'm 78 days out from our next cruise and I've already been shopping for the next. I almost had DS convinced to do a cruise with me next September (she's never cruised), then we had that earthquake and she decided since she got nauseous from that little shake she wouldn't be able to take a cruise. I've been coming up with cruises for DH to look at, but he won't commit, he wants to wait until we purchase more FCCs which most likely means we won't cruise again until January 2013 :(.

One of my co-workers is cruising 2 days ahead of me and I know more about her itinerary and ship than she does :eek: but I'm not obsessed at all ;)

Tell your hubby that FCC's are nice and all, but do you no good if the cruise you want goes up in price between now and when you get on the next cruise to get the FCC.

I'm having withdrawal symptoms as well. We just returned from our cruise last month and I immediately started looking at cruises for next year. Just when I had the actual date and ship picked out and ready to book...my work tells me that no one is allowed to take a vacation from January to the end of June year. :eek: We are getting a new computer system and will be in training (I work at a local hospital in the ER). The problem is, I can only sail during 2 different times during the year due to going to school full time. I start back to school mid August...so this only leaves me July to mid August to cruise...which is the HIGHEST time to cruise and I refuse to pay those prices (we always sail during the "off" season).

Now I'm completely depressed and trying to scheme on how to "get around" the "no vacation next year" rules. :rolleyes:

I'm blessed that I'm still employed & all is OK for me financially, so I book as soon as I've gotten off the last cruise.

OP I hope things get better for you & your family, and that you can book again shortly ;). Until then, stay on these boards...live vicariously through the long, fabulous reviews (with pictures :D!)

We cruised in January(Caribbean) and did the Mediterranean in Sept.(which was awesome), now we don't have any other cruises planned and who knows now a lot of things have been going wrong with our car. We had to get new brakes and a new fuel pump and they told us there's more things we need fixed. I am happy we got to do what we did and that we are both working, so we'll just take it one day at a time and I'm hoping for 2013. Sounds like a long way away!

Archived