Carribean Princess and Suite Perks

kwoody

Before final payment me and my fiance jumped on a WS category that we upgraded to from a balcony. Seeing that this was a port intensive cruise (only one day at sea) we figured the perks may be better than the balcony.

We had a few questions:

1) Does the WS category still qualify for the extended room service? ie the menu from the MDR? This may be a nice perk for us since we will be on our honeymoon.

2) Checkin is at 1 or 2 I think and the ship departs at something like 11pm. When are we able to get in the room? We will have a hotel room for the night before so getting there at a specific time is not that big of a deal for us, but we have never been on a cruise with this large of gap between check in and departure. I assume that we also get priority embarkation, so the lines should not be a huge issue? Am I assuming right?

3) WIFI : I think that internet is included to some extent with a suite perk. Is it in the internet cafe area only or could we also get it in our room.

Let me know if I am way off base or not. Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Before final payment me and my fiance jumped on a WS category that we upgraded to from a balcony. Seeing that this was a port intensive cruise (only one day at sea) we figured the perks may be better than the balcony.

We had a few questions:

1) Does the WS category still qualify for the extended room service? ie the menu from the MDR? This may be a nice perk for us since we will be on our honeymoon. Yes, you get full suite perks.

2) Checkin is at 1 or 2 I think and the ship departs at something like 11pm. When are we able to get in the room? We will have a hotel room for the night before so getting there at a specific time is not that big of a deal for us, but we have never been on a cruise with this large of gap between check in and departure. I assume that we also get priority embarkation, so the lines should not be a huge issue? Am I assuming right?

They usually start boarding anytime after 11am, and your room will be available as soon as you board. If I were you, I would get onboard as soon as possible. :D

3) WIFI : I think that internet is included to some extent with a suite perk. Is it in the internet cafe area only or could we also get it in our room. You will receive unlimited internet access as part of the suite perk and yes you can access from your room if you bring a laptop.

Let me know if I am way off base or not. Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Enjoy your cruise, the window suites are really nice.

Before sailing in a suite last year, I had put together this list of suite amenities from information gleaned from Princess website and CC which hope you will find useful. Don't believe they've changed but if they have I'm sure someone will chime in and advise.

Suites - Services

· Expedited embarkation process

· Preferred Anytime Dining reservations

· Personal Shore Excursion reservations (Service provided onboard. Passengers will receive a letter in their stateroom)

· Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service

· Complimentary shoe polishing service

· Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings

· 6 dipped fruits or 3 dark and 3 light chocolates on a doily presented on a silver tray

· Exclusive Elite Lounge (a reserved lounge area on disembarkation day for passengers to relax comfortably with complimentary coffee or juice, pastries and a local news paper-if available)

· Dedicated priority line (actual queue, not telephone extension) at the Passenger Services Desk (Suite and Elite Captain's Circle passengers)

·

Suites - Amenities

· Breakfast in Sabatini's w/complimentary "Good Morning Mimosa" each morning - All ships except Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Sea Princess which it is offered in-suite

· Complimentary glass of champagne at embarkation

· Top of the range luxury mattresses Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high thread count ivory satin striped bed linens

· Fluffy European Duvets Pillow menu Massage shower heads

· Luxury bathrobes Luxury towels

· Combined DVD and CD player

· Complimentary DVD library Enhanced bathroom amenities

· Halo illuminated magnifying vanity mirror

· Princess Cruises tote bag

· Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite (available on the following ships: Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Island, Ruby, Sapphire and Star Princess).

· Complimentary slippers

· Fresh flower arrangement

· Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

· Complimentary mini-bar - A one-time only mini-bar will be placed into each suite prior to embarkation. However, should the passenger require any additional supplies this will be at the discretion of the Passenger Services Director. The mini-bar set-up consists of the following items (subject to change and availability):

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Whiskey - Canadian Club

- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis XX (Toohey's New will replace Dos Equis XX on Dawn Princess and Sun Princess)

- Two (2) Cans Tonic Water

- Two (2) Cans Coke

- Two (2) Cans Sprite

- 2 Small Waters

- 2 Perriers

Suites - Dining Services

· Welcome glass of champagne

· Extended room service menu (full breakfast, lunch, dinner offering) - Suite passengers only

· In-suite afternoon tea service - Suite passengers only

· Passenger's choice of deluxe canapes, delivered daily

Suites - Onboard Activities

· Complimentary Internet access (includes Internet Cafe and WiFi Access) (Note that the Grand Suites have a computer in the stateroom)

· Private portrait sitting

Auto Confirm Meal Seating

· Passengers booked in Suites will be automatically confirmed on their preferred dining seating.

Lotus Spa Thermal Suite - Suite Passengers Only

· Ship Notice We are delighted to extend the complimentary use of the Thermal Suite onboard to our suite passengers. The Thermal Suite is a communal relaxation center. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Relax on a warm stone bed and allow the pressures of life to melt away.

Please present your cruise card to the reception desk in the Lotus Spa for your entrance to the Thermal Suite. We also invite you to make an appointment at our Lotus Spa and choose from an endless array of exquisite treatments to promote pampering and rejuvenation.

All Lotus Spa treatments will be charged to your stateroom account.

It is good to find out that they will offer Laundry to us.

We are having an out of town wedding and leaving from there for our honeymoon.

So ultimately we will be out of our home 6 days before our cruise with a wedding in between so I feel like those services will be used.

Thanks to all of you who have followed up!

We are going on the Caribbean Princess in 37 days, yay! I have similar questions about embarkation, as we also have a suite. What is the drill for suite passengers, is there a separate line or booth? How early can we show up and get on the ship without waiting? Last time we cruised, we had an inside cabin so this is very new and exciting!:)

We are going on the Caribbean Princess in 37 days, yay! I have similar questions about embarkation, as we also have a suite. What is the drill for suite passengers, is there a separate line or booth? How early can we show up and get on the ship without waiting? Last time we cruised, we had an inside cabin so this is very new and exciting!:)

Ya, there is a seperate line, but it really does not help much. We still had to go though the same security line as everyone else and that was where the bottle neck was. After that there was a seperate check in line, but it was like 1 person deep vs 3 person deep like the normal lines. So our total wait was 45 mins instead of 50.

prepare to be UNDERwhelmed!

Not sure what this means - I was very overwhelmed when I recently stayed in a window suite! The room was fabulous (with 2 huge windows, not portholes), close to everything, and I loved the suite perks!! And we got a price that was $200/pp less than a minisuite! I love balconies, but on a cool weather, port intensive cruise it was totally worth it.

OP, enjoy your room and perks; and happy honeymoon. :D

Thanks, I plan on it!

I assume that the lotus spa thing is basically a sauna? Is that correct? How does that usually work go up there in a bathing suit and relax?

To the OP. I hope you will check back and let us know what you thought of the WS. We booked one for our upcoming August voyage- like you we got a good price and wanted to experience the suite perks. I will be interested in hearing your feedback.

Thanks, I plan on it!

I assume that the lotus spa thing is basically a sauna? Is that correct? How does that usually work go up there in a bathing suit and relax?

On the Emerald 12 months ago (so I hope I am remembering accurately), the thermal suite had heated tile beds (much more comfortable than they sound :)), three saunas including one aromatherapy, and a couple of showers (one was rainforest I think; can't remember the other). I loved the tile beds (you can actually fall asleep on them) and my DH spent the time going from one sauna to the other with stops at the various showers in between. People wear their bathing suits - you can lock your stuff up in the Lotus Spa locker rooms. Enjoy!

We recently took a back to back on the Caribbean Princess. The first 9 says we took to Canada in a Window Suite which was a first for us and found in fantastic. We read a lot about it and even viewed pictures and found that people who haven't been in the rooms had many commplaints such as the smell, no balcony and location. None of these complaints held any water for us, we loved the room, the closet space, the location on the 6th floor was very convenient.

The second 9 days we were in a Penthouse Suite with the balcony and although we enjoed it we really did not take advantage of a balcony liike we thought we would.

I want to throw out this one perk that people don't mention too much and that is the tea service in the afternoon. What a Major Major Major surprise that was to us and it has given us lots of stories to tell our friends.

Enjoy your trip.

Bob Winters

Not sure what this means - I was very overwhelmed when I recently stayed in a window suite! The room was fabulous (with 2 huge windows, not portholes), close to everything, and I loved the suite perks!! And we got a price that was $200/pp less than a minisuite! I love balconies, but on a cool weather, port intensive cruise it was totally worth it.

We were in a WS on the Caribbean last week in New England. Overall we really enjoyed the room and in a cold weather cruise environment that is port intensive like this one was, really did not miss the balcony. With nearly 20 years cruising Princess we have had just about every type of stateroom available from obstructed view cabins to penthouse suites. The price point of the WS is really too hard to ignore on some cruises. Since we are elite, the perks were not that big of an issue, but they are nice and the size of the room, especially the bathroom is a big plus. Enjoy your WS:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived