Has anyone had any luck with Lost and Found after the cruise?

Nrknits

Has anyone had any luck with Lost and Found after the cruise? Do you know who I should contact? We just got off the Carribean Princess and I am pretty sure I lost one earring in my room. A long shot, I know, but I'd like to try and get it back. Thanks.

Has anyone had any luck with Lost and Found after the cruise? Do you know who I should contact? We just got off the Carribean Princess and I am pretty sure I lost one earring in my room. A long shot, I know, but I'd like to try and get it back. Thanks.

A few years ago I left, by mistake of course, a gold choker necklace and didn't know it. A week or so after we got home Princess called me and ask if I had lost anything? I was sure I had not but the caller ask me to please take a look at my jewelry box and boy was I ever surprised and shocked to find that choker missing!

Princess sent the item back to me and I now take a real good look around before we leave the cabin.

Good luck in finding your ear ring, and I would think just calling the main Princess phone number would get you to the right folks.

We have had to make inquires twice.A few years ago,I lost my glasses in the MDR while waiting to disembark and realized it as soon as we got our luggage.They called from the terminal but they were never turned in.I did the paperwork with Santa Clarita,with no luck.My wife lost an expensive earring earlier this year and I emailed the Hotel General Manager,who is a personal friend,and he visited the cabin but the current occupants would not let him search for the earring.When the cruise ended,he sent several employees in to search the cabin,to no avail.We again did the paperwork with the home office but it was never found.Fortunately our jeweler ,who had made the items,was able to make an exact copy of the earring.

Perhaps try contacting someone on an upcoming roll call who will be on the ship.. maybe someone in person going directly to the purser's desk might be more successful, then they could send it to you.. I know it involves some trust, but it might work.

I know this doesn't respond directly to the OP's question, but another thread made an excellent point about taking found items of value to the Pursers' Desk. Make sure you take a photo of the item and ask the desk person for a receipt.

Left my house key in the cabin. Contacted Princess via email to customer service. They responded saying it would be a couple weeks before they would know if it was found. A couple weeks later they emailed a picture of the key asking if it was the one. We replied and they mailed the key to us.

I lost my sunglasses on shore at Princess Cays early in the cruise. They didn't show up in lost and found until almost the last day of a 10 day cruise. It is quite possible that things get turned in late when discovered.

Also we have had earrings come off while dancing - and luckily found either the same night or the next day.

Good luck on finding your earring.

Just off the Emerald Princess...

Wasn't till after I was home and unpacking that I noticed I am missing a pair of GOLD earrings... :eek: and now with the price of Gold... I'm guessing those won't be turned in... I think I left them on the desk in the room...

Called Princess and sent an e-mail... they told my husband 2-4 weeks.. :eek:

I am sick....

just FYI don't take anything you would be sick over losing...

here I was diligent about putting everything in the safe... but got rushed, and ........

don't know if I left them or...... you know...

praying all ends well....

any ideas ?????

thanks...

Lost a cell phone on boarding day.....called the phone company and deactivated the phone....not turned into lost and found. Forgot about it until the last night. Checked lost and found again, and THERE IT WAS! Charged it up and reativated it, just in time for the trip home! Nice!

Archived