airport, hotel, ship transportation

seaandsea

When we were researching for our cruise (from last month out of NOLA), we found that everyone suggested to just grab a cab from the airport to the hotel and/or cruise terminal. I don't believe anyone came up with an actual transportation company (like they have for FLL in Florida)...unless you take a limo, which some people do. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't exactly what you are asking for, but here's what we are doing, and this is for going in the night before our New Orleans cruise. We aren't doing any sightseeing, just an overnight, and it had to be cheap. We are going for 4 weeks, so I had to economize on the "extras".

Anyway, we are staying at the Ramada Inn and Suites near MSY airport. They get very good reviews, have a free airport shuttle, and it's costing $50 for the night.

Next morning, we shuttle back to the airport and get on the NO Airport Shuttle for $20 pp to the cruise terminal. (Taxi is an option, too, for around the same price).

Total is $90, plus dinner.

This isn't exactly what you are asking for, but here's what we are doing, and this is for going in the night before our New Orleans cruise. We aren't doing any sightseeing, just an overnight, and it had to be cheap. We are going for 4 weeks, so I had to economize on the "extras".

Anyway, we are staying at the Ramada Inn and Suites near MSY airport. They get very good reviews, have a free airport shuttle, and it's costing $50 for the night.

Next morning, we shuttle back to the airport and get on the NO Airport Shuttle for $20 pp to the cruise terminal. (Taxi is an option, too, for around the same price).

Total is $90, plus dinner.

Thanks Peggy

That it not going to be included in NOLA just because a) the airport is a distance away from the port, and b) NOLA isn't such a big cruise port that hotels are super accommodating for cruisers.

If you are only staying for a night, I'd suggest staying somewhere other than the airport ... assuming of course that you want to see a little of New Orleans during your visit. Shared rides (GO Shuttle) are $20/pp to downtown area, while taxis are $33 for 1-2 people, or $14/pp over 2.

Personally, I went the route where I used Priceline for my hotel ($70, JW Marriott Downtown ... right near FQ) and will have the taxi to the hotel and probably a $10 ride to the pier. However, I will get to go around town on the day I arrive and the morning of the cruise as opposed to being stuck out at the airport.

Archived