Port of Tampa Parking

peas&carrots1

At the Port of Tampa you can self park across the street for 15.00 per day or you can use the Valet service where they will park the car for you and after the cruise you cross the street and it is there waiting for you.

We did the Valet last month and it was convenient - 20.00 per day for Valet; you pay before you get on the ship.

$ 15 per day--ouch--that is a lot of DODs--Anyone know of an off site park and cruise with shuttles:eek:

I've looked into the off-site parking. Apparently there is one just down the street, however, I've heard that they take your car and move it off-site for the week. There are others but they are closer to the airport and require a shuttle. Knowing that there are issues with break-in's around the area I'd rather take my chances at the port parking. Plus I really don't like leaving my keys with anyone.

I've looked into the off-site parking. Apparently there is one just down the street, however, I've heard that they take your car and move it off-site for the week. There are others but they are closer to the airport and require a shuttle. Knowing that there are issues with break-in's around the area I'd rather take my chances at the port parking. Plus I really don't like leaving my keys with anyone.

I absolutely agree. $15 per day is one of the lowest rates of any port I know of, and the safety, and security, and convenience is well worth that small amount to me. As noted, the long term, cruise parking is pretty much "right across the street" from the cruise terminal, and they now lock the doors to the long term parking when the ship sails. Security of your vehicle is pretty good IMO.

"SKY"

Depending on the length of the cruise it could be cheaper to stay at a hotel the night before if they offer parking and a shuttle to the ship. There are several in the area that do this.

I'd love to hear some suggestions for a hotel that offers parking and a shuttle to the terminal. The few that I've checked for our May cruise have all been higher than $105, and that's before tax. I can't remember, but I think the cheapest I found was about $120.

Some of the Long term parking places by the airport offer Port parking.

I parked at the port for the following reasons:

The long term places state on their websites they have a specific time they take you to the port, which means if you want to get there early its not happening.

You have to put your stuff in the car, then on the shuttle take it out at the port call them once your cleared from customs put your stuff in the shuttle, drive to the lot, put your stuff in the car.

Even though it was $15 a day it was more convenient for me to park at the port. We disembarked the ship and were home within the hour.

One of the very closest hotels that offers parking during the cruise is the Hampton Inn & Suites/Ybor City. 813-247-6700. I don't know what their rate is, but I do know its a relatively new property, and VERY close to the port. (You can probably see the funnel from the hotel!) :D

"SKY"

Archived