I just bought trip insurance!

tassycatt

3 months away and when I booked back in May, I hadnt really known much about trip insurance. Well after reading these boards, my biggest fear was not making the ship due to weather. Im travelling in January, and although I am leaving a day early, I was sooooo scared of a snow storm.

I called InsureMytrip and she basically told me about any plan would cover this, and the only thing I dont get is the cancel for any reason and the pre exixting condition. She also guided me to a plan that has the 12 hour airport shutdown (for missed flight insurance) as opposed to 24 or 48 hours.

So I got a plan, was $87 and I hope I was steered the right way. I sure would like peace of mind for the next 3 months.

So, I guess my question is...is the info you get from live help at IMT pretty reliable? Can I sleep better now? lol...this trip is for DD and I and I have saved like mad to take her on this!!

I guess now my biggest fear is a monster snowstorm and them saying, oh, sorry, youre not covered!

Even if something happened to the airports, Im sure Id rent a car and try to still get there! But Ohio to Miami in bad weather could take forever! lol

I always buy trip insurance.

I started out buying it because we were concerned about my in-laws failing health.

The time we had to use it was for MY health. The day we left for a cruise I started to become VERY ill. A very long story short---Turns out I had West Nile Virus.

We had to leave the cruise early, book addtional flights, an additional hotel room and ER costs at the Juneau ER. It would have been big. My insurance covered it all.

I will never take a big trip again without travel insurance.

When would you recommend buying trip insurance. Our final paymeny isn't due until January?

My final paymetn is due Nov. 15th. They was the lady explained it to me, you can buy it anytime...just not buying it within 2 weeks of booking you lose out on the cancel for any reason and pre existing condition.

I may of read you can buy like 2 weeks or maybe 10 days before your trip, but Im not sure on this.

Good move OP. I am sure many people missed cruises this weekend as a result of the freak snowstorm. I'm sure they thought that it never snows in October. In January, the snowstorms aren't freak snowstorms and $87 is a pretty cheap way to avoid worrying about missing flights.

Good move OP. I am sure many people missed cruises this weekend as a result of the freak snowstorm. I'm sure they thought that it never snows in October. In January, the snowstorms aren't freak snowstorms and $87 is a pretty cheap way to avoid worrying about missing flights.

Yes, hearing about that snowstorm really scared the beegeezus out of me! The lady I spoke to at LMT told me that this policy covered that! (whew)

what happens after final payment? Mine isnt due for another 2 weeks but I was never asked if I had made it or not.

It is not important to get it before final payment. Most third party travel insurance companies couldn't care less. You can purchase it anytime.

Booked my dream trip to a dude ranch in Montana - DH literally had a heart attack 15 minutes after I booked it (no, not because of the price, lol). I took out trip insurance the next day. A month later he needed quad bypass and then couldn't make the trip because of the extended recovery time. Because I had booked the insurance within 14 days of booking the trip, pre-existing medical was covered. We got every dime for that trip back which was great for us since it needed to go to medical bills! So - from now on...never, ever, ever not booking a trip without travel insurance.

Bottom line - you did the right thing so now you don't have to worry about it at all!

How does the insurance offered by Carnival differ from a 3rd party offering? How do you find these 3rd party companies? Google? How do you know if they are reputable.

Just curious, we rarely get insurance but because of a family member's health, we are considering it. PVP added the insurance onto our booking, but said we could take it off at any time.

Thoughts, directions, and ideas would be appreciated.

dp

How does the insurance offered by Carnival differ from a 3rd party offering? How do you find these 3rd party companies? Google? How do you know if they are reputable.

Just curious, we rarely get insurance but because of a family member's health, we are considering it. PVP added the insurance onto our booking, but said we could take it off at any time.

Thoughts, directions, and ideas would be appreciated.

dp[/quote

usually pay less booking on your own and better coverage. but if it has been more than two weeks ago since you made deposit on cruise you would not get the pre-existing medical coverage.

Check insuremytrip dot com

Archived