Kids attire in MDR

npb1999

Going on the Miracle in April with my 4 kids....3 boys....can they wear khaki shorts or plaid shorts and nice shirts in the MDR or do they have to wear pants? What about my husband and dad...can they were dressy shorts or do they have to wear pants?

Thanks!

I'd suggest pants all nights in the MDR, young boys can get away with dressy shorts but also look very handsome in dress khakis :D

Going on the Miracle in April with my 4 kids....3 boys....can they wear khaki shorts or plaid shorts and nice shirts in the MDR or do they have to wear pants? What about my husband and dad...can they were dressy shorts or do they have to wear pants?

Thanks!

kids and adults can now wear "dress shorts" and polo shirts, our son wears dress shirts and they actually take up less space and lighter weight for packing anyway. On formal and semi formal nights he wears dress pants, shirt and tie (first 2 cruises we made him wear a suit but we don't anymore)

I'd suggest pants all nights in the MDR, young boys can get away with dressy shorts but also look very handsome in dress khakis :D

Note this is chipmasters suggestions and not Carnival's dress code. Boys and Men can wear long shorts (not basketball or gym shorts) in the MDR on all nights except Elegant nights. Many do.

Your kids, hubby, & dad will be fine with decent shorts in the dining room, except for on elegant night. This is from Carnival.com:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Boys can wear khaki shorts any night in the MDR, including "Elegant Nights." Don't go out and buy pants for your kids that they will outgrow in 3 months, just for dinner one night on a cruise. You will see all "fashions" in the MDR, from ripped tank tops and cut off shorts to tuxedos, and everything in between.

I my experience (my boys are now 14 and 15) I pack 2 pair of nice shorts for dinner for each child. After dinner, they immediately go back to the room and change into casual clothes. They stay pretty clean and if they get a food drip on them, I spot clean in the sink.

Your hubby, however, should wear pants on "Elegant Nights."

Our son wore khaki shorts most nights with a polo shirt. Only on elegant night did we "make him" (his words :D) dress up. Shirt and tie with dress pants. Will do the same next trip.

I wanted at least one nice family photo of us dressed up.

What are they getting away with? Whats allowed?

I just don't get it with the pants thing on a Caribbean cruise? Here in Florida,they don't even wear pants to church.Beaded flip flops are dress shoes.Non beaded are casual.

Bikini top is casual and people don't think twice about wearing them out during the day.At night,spaghetti strap tops are dressing up. The caribbean puts out a layed back attitude,so why the stuffed shirt event on a caribbean cruise other than to sell pictures.

don't have to pack suits, tuxes, and gowns. That's a change for the better as far as I'm concerned.:)

Bill

True, true!

I guess it depends on the way you look at it--and since everyone is going to look at it differently, you're going to have a lot of different "fashions" in the MDR on any given night.

Personally, the only thing that really bothers me is wearing baseball hats in the MDR. That just makes me crazy!:mad:

I also have 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. On our last cruise I did allow my son's to wear dress (plaid) shorts in the MDR with polo shirts. On elegant night they wore black dress pants, dress shirts and a tie. They were comfortable and still looked nice. My daughters wore sun dresses most nights in the MDR, but did wear "nicer" dresses on the 2 elegant nights. Nothing to fancy, just something like they would wear to church. I am not gonna spend money on clothes for them to wear one night.

My DH did wear plaid shorts with a polo shirt a few nights in the MDR, but wore dress pants on both elegant nights.

I just don't get it with the pants thing on a Caribbean cruise? Here in Florida,they don't even wear pants to church.Beaded flip flops are dress shoes.Non beaded are casual.

Bikini top is casual and people don't think twice about wearing them out during the day.At night,spaghetti strap tops are dressing up. The caribbean puts out a layed back attitude,so why the stuffed shirt event on a caribbean cruise other than to sell pictures.

Just curious- what part of FL are you from? Our friends from Miami are some of the best dressed people I've ever met and I don't think any of them consider "beaded flip flops" to be dress shoes. :o

Here in Michigan they don't wear pants to church. Long Khaki shorts are the norm during the summer for boys and men. Many switch to jeans when the cooler weather comes. No one pays any attention. That is not what we are in church for:rolleyes:.

I have boys 12 & 8 - what do you do about shoes for formal night. we have no dress shoes - do I need them????

My son's are 10 and 9. They wore Sperry's most nights and did wear black shoes on formal night. They have black shoes that can be worn with jeans also and look good. (I think I bought them at Wal Mart) That way even after our cruise they could wear them to church and they even wear them to school with jeans.

If they wear khakis on formal night then they could wear something like Sperry's. I guess it just depends on what they plan to wear.

Archived