Sydney Hotel- Meriton Serviced Apts?

Anyone familiar with the 3 locations of the Meriton Serviced Apartments in Sydney.....the good/bad/ugly?

I think there are now 4 locations for Meriton in Sydney.

1. World Tower - actually in an area of Sydney I dont like. Somewhat rundown. Has a Monorail stop there however so easy to escape down to Darling Harbour

2. Pitt St is better and central

3. Kent St is closer to Harbour Bridge and wharves.

4 Campbell St: In Chinatown - ok if you like that sort of thing

All offer Good value however

cheers

Anyone familiar with the 3 locations of the Meriton Serviced Apartments in Sydney.....the good/bad/ugly?

We stayed the the World Apartments in Sydney on the 65th Floor, fantastic views, so good we decided to have takeaway delivered to our room and enjoy watching the planes come in and the sunset, went swimming in the pool and spa, highly recommend them.

I have stayed at the World Square apartments and the view is spectacular..the mono rail is right at the door...but as others have said its not the best location in Sydney. The 3 bed apartments on the corner have the most amazing view I have ever seen of Sydney.

We stayed at the Meriton Kent St Apartments in August this year and they were excellent. Great value and location. :D

Thanks.

What is in the general area?

How far to the pier?

Do they offer tourist info & pamphlets etc. for booking local tours?

Anything else you think will help please let us know.

Thanks.

What is in the general area?

How far to the pier?

Do they offer tourist info & pamphlets etc. for booking local tours?

Anything else you think will help please let us know.

All the Meriton apartments are in the Sydney Central business district so short taxi ride from pier. Kent Street is the closest. You can use the mono rail or light rail as well as buses and subway to get around the city. They usually have a tourist stand in the foyer for phamplets etc. Any of the tourist areas have lots of information, the Rocks area (where the overseas passenger terminal and ferries are) or Darling Harbour.

Where are you finding a good price? The best rate I'm finding for Kent Street is $215AU for a studio.

$215 is a good rate from what I have seen for Sydney.

We booked a studio for Nov 22-25/11 at $175/night just 2 days ago.

Do you know if we will have a good view from a studio at the Kent Street site?

Thanks for the info rugbypopsie!!!

$215 is a good rate from what I have seen for Sydney.

We booked a studio for Nov 22-25/11 at $175/night just 2 days ago.

Do you know if we will have a good view from a studio at the Kent Street site?

Thanks for the info rugbypopsie!!!

You are very welcome we love visitors.. As for the view probably over the city. If you are not planning to climb Sydney Harbour Bridge then I suggest you visit Centre Point Tower its nearby and you get a fantastic vista of the whole of Sydney and the Harbour from the viewing platform. You can also walk or catch a bus down to the Harbour to get a ferry ride or walk around the forshore to the Opera House and the Botannical Gardens. If you buy a day tripper ticket (available at Circular Quay) you have all day access to all public transport, buses, ferries and the underground trains as well as the light rail to Darling Harbour but not the mono rail.

We know its an effort to come this far to see us...we want you to have a good time while you are here.:D

I am typing this reply sitting in my Kent St Meriton Apartment. Firstly I have to say that my work pays for it so I can't talk about value for money because I don't know the cost, however, I have stayed in the Pitt St apartments and Kent St is much better and only a block further from Circular Quay.

I can see the World Square Meriton from my window as it is across the road so as far as position it is basically the same as Kent St. If you are spending a few days before the cruise then I think the Kent St position is excellent. You have a choise of bus, train or monorail to get wherever you wish to go and Circular Quay is only a 25 minute easy walk away. You also have vibrant Chinatown at your doorstep and as the apartments have well fitted out kitchens you can make the most of the supermarkets and other produce stores in the area.

I have stayed at Kents St many times over the last 6 or so years and have always found them clean, relatively quiet ( you are in the middle of the city) and probably the only complaint is that the broadband service they offer is expensive.

Just my two bobs worth

Stu

I am typing this reply sitting in my Kent St Meriton Apartment. Firstly I have to say that my work pays for it so I can't talk about value for money because I don't know the cost, however, I have stayed in the Pitt St apartments and Kent St is much better and only a block further from Circular Quay.

I can see the World Square Meriton from my window as it is across the road so as far as position it is basically the same as Kent St. If you are spending a few days before the cruise then I think the Kent St position is excellent. You have a choise of bus, train or monorail to get wherever you wish to go and Circular Quay is only a 25 minute easy walk away. You also have vibrant Chinatown at your doorstep and as the apartments have well fitted out kitchens you can make the most of the supermarkets and other produce stores in the area.

I have stayed at Kents St many times over the last 6 or so years and have always found them clean, relatively quiet ( you are in the middle of the city) and probably the only complaint is that the broadband service they offer is expensive.

Just my two bobs worth

Stu

Very happy to hear this as we have already booked Kent for 3 nights pre-cruise!

Any place close for good broadband? We will be carrying a netbook & would love to be able to e-mail & possible Skype or MSN or Yahoo messenger with family before we board for our cruise.

Also just purchased an unlocked phone that I can use from there. Is there a good place close by where I can buy a SIM card from a company that has good rates or should I do that at the airport?

We stayed in PITT street a few months ago at that hotel...... wouldnt recommend it.

We had endless aircon probs they couldnt seem to fix i.e had it set on 22 or 23degrees it pushed out freezing air into bedroom ended up needign 2blankets on the bed.

The room was ok... but poorly cleaned in terms of airvents over kitchen very dusty and dirty

good size room but balcony was a joke (i ouldnt even put a full foot onto it size wise) and they say your level 13 or something.... but infact they count there basement floors as 1-7 or something... so infact ur on level 6 very close to the noise etc...

Very happy to hear this as we have already booked Kent for 3 nights pre-cruise!

Any place close for good broadband? We will be carrying a netbook & would love to be able to e-mail & possible Skype or MSN or Yahoo messenger with family before we board for our cruise.

Also just purchased an unlocked phone that I can use from there. Is there a good place close by where I can buy a SIM card from a company that has good rates or should I do that at the airport?

As you are on the edge of Chinatown there are internet cafes everywhere. I noticed one this morning just around the corner offering 1 hour for $2.50.

Not sure about sim cards, never had to find one but again, Chinatown is full of phone shops. I'll ask downstairs, they may have an idea.

I suggest you email a request for a high floor a few days before you arrive. It doesn't always mean you will get one but the higher you are the less traffic noise you will get.

Even though the lift shows that the top floor is 55, the lobby on ground level is called floor ten, so, my apartment is on the 26th floor but in reality it is on floor 16.

The apartments are pretty soundproof but you do hear the traffic and as there a few pubs in the street you do get some noise especially on the weekends, but as you are on holidays you may well be participating in the noise making!!!

cheers

Stu

Archived