Is Oasis of the Seas Ship's Time the Same as Local Time in Eastern Caribbean?

moviegal

Hi Everyone!

I'm embarking on Oasis of the Seas in a few weeks (woo hoo!) and I am trying to book a few local tours directly. On the Eastern Caribbean itineraries this time of year, is the ship's time the same as the local time in port? I'm asking specifically for St. Thomas. I don't want to book a tour that leaves at 11:30 pm "local time" if the "ship's time" is different. I also want to make sure that I'll make boarding time. I know usually you set your clock ahead or back so you'll be in sync with local time but I wanted to know for sure.

Can anybody help?

I cannot believe nobody has answered!

Yes, St. Thomas will be same as ship time. Also, any local tour operator that you use will know more about your ship and it's time than you do. :) They make their living on making sure that guests get to and from the ship to their tours on time and with no drama. Just tell the tour operator your dates and ship, and they will be able to advise you fully. Enjoy!

Eastern Caribbean and Fort Lauderdale are on the same time... this week....! As noted in the post above the US falls back from Daylight Saving Time this coming weekend going to Eastern Standard Time. The eastern Caribbean Islands that you will be visiting are on Atlantic Standard Time year around, so after the end of DST they will be one hour ahead of EST.

There is also another thing at play, and that is you really won't know for sure if the ship will advance their time to match island time. Past experience can be a guide but it won't be a guarantee as to what the ship will do as we have been on various cruises where the ship's time did not match port time. A reputable tour operator will make allowances for ship vs. port time.

Have a great cruise!

I cannot believe nobody has answered!

Yes, St. Thomas will be same as ship time. Also, any local tour operator that you use will know more about your ship and it's time than you do. :) They make their living on making sure that guests get to and from the ship to their tours on time and with no drama. Just tell the tour operator your dates and ship, and they will be able to advise you fully. Enjoy!

No, that is not the case. When daylight savings time ends there will be a one hour difference between ship time and the time in St. Thomas. Oasis stays on Eastern time during the entire cruise.

Oops! Thanks for correcting my error. I have been there a few times and never had an issue with time change, but that must be because of the time of year I cruised.

Again, though, any decent tour operator will be able to give you good direction on timing of tours so that it works for your ship.

Thanks for all the responses everyone! We'll be cruising in 2 weeks, well after the time change this weekend. So what I'm hearing is that if the Oasis of the Seas' ship time is 10:00 a.m., it will really be 9:00 a.m. in St. Thomas? Correct? Or do I have that backwards?

Thanks for all the responses everyone! We'll be cruising in 2 weeks, well after the time change this weekend. So what I'm hearing is that if the Oasis of the Seas' ship time is 10:00 a.m., it will really be 9:00 a.m. in St. Thomas? Correct? Or do I have that backwards?

If ship time is noon....it will be 1pm in both St Martin and St Thomas.....in Nassau, ship time and local time will be the same.

If it is 10 AM on the ship it will be 11 AM when you step off of it.;):) The Atlantic zone is an hour AHEAD of the Eastern time zone.

If it is 10 AM on the ship it will be 11 AM when you step off of it.;):) The Atlantic zone is an hour AHEAD of the Eastern time zone.

Unless you get of at the back of the ship, which is one time zone behind the bow:D

ok so just to clarify (i'm a little slow) :)

we're booked with fury charters in st thomas and it leaves at 1230 (st thomas time) - we were planning on getting off the ship at 1130 in order to catch the cab and get to the meeting place - so because of the time difference we would actually need to get off the ship at 1030 (ship's time) ?

ok so just to clarify (i'm a little slow) :)

we're booked with fury charters in st thomas and it leaves at 1230 (st thomas time) - we were planning on getting off the ship at 1130 in order to catch the cab and get to the meeting place - so because of the time difference we would actually need to get off the ship at 1030 (ship's time) ?

That is correct.

Getting off the ship at 1030 will give you one hour to make it tour your excursion:).

excellent, we need to be at the meeting place by 1215 and it's a twenty minute cab ride so an hour seems sufficient - stupid time changes :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone! Hey Slideshel, we're doing Fury Charters too! We might be on the same trip -- what date are you going?

I was starting to worry since we were booked at 12:30 St. Thomas time, apparently getting back at 4 pm (St. Thomas time). Our ship leaves port at 6 pm (ship's time). I hope that will give us enough time to get back onboard before "last call." I'm guessing all aboard will be around 5:30 ship's time....anybody know for sure? I think I might just have to cancel this tour at this point; I don't want to miss the ship!

Thanks to everyone! Hey Slideshel, we're doing Fury Charters too! We might be on the same trip -- what date are you going?

I was starting to worry since we were booked at 12:30 St. Thomas time, apparently getting back at 4 pm (St. Thomas time). Our ship leaves port at 6 pm (ship's time). I hope that will give us enough time to get back onboard before "last call." I'm guessing all aboard will be around 5:30 ship's time....anybody know for sure? I think I might just have to cancel this tour at this point; I don't want to miss the ship!

we aren't going until the end of january, not sure when youre going but would love to hear what you think when you get home if you beat us there :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Archived