Cayman on a Budget

texas greeneyes

I am currently on the Conquest on the W. Carib itinerary; I was fortunate to book this cruise unexpectedly with very little notice as a BTB to the E. Carib route last week. We are scheduled to dock tomorrow in Grand Cayman. Looking for easy access to a free or inexpensive beach. Not for snorkeling or watersports or stingrays etc…just a place to walk on the beach and wade in the shallow waters with good photo ops. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Moderators, please let this post stay in the Carnival forum for today. I need answers fast and it gets so many more responses than the Ports of Call section. If that is possible I thank you!

Ask a cab to take you to Royal Palm beach club. It's free, clean bathrooms, walk up bar, beautiful beach and the man at the gate will call your cab back for you when you're ready to leave. It's a 10 minute or less ride from the port and we paid maybe $4/pp to get there. Have fun!

Hop on one of the many taxis & head to Sea Grape Beach (it's a farther part of 7-mile beach). Taxi is around $5PP. Beach access is free. There is watersport stuff to rent if you want, and also chairs & umbrellas for a fee. The water there is beautiful!!!

There's also a nice little bar/grill there (Calico Jacks?). If you go, and if you drink alcohol, try a Cayman Lemonade (yummmm). Just know that you will be hard pressed to find anything cheap at GC.

Cheeseburger Reef!!

Went there last year, When you get off the ship and walk out of the pier area, go left you will see a Burger King up the road, (about a 10 minute walk) Next to that is a dive shop and you can use their pier for free.

This was the best snorkeling I have done!! You see, the restaurants there feed the Tarpon and we were lucky to have them around that day!

Lemme tell you, it was an awesome experiance to snorkel next to 6 foot long fish!! They are harmless and will not bother you. Also seen rays, a blow fish, and several urchins:)

Enjoy your day where ever you decide to go

We have been twice to GC. Last year we walked off towards the shops and lo and behold..... there was this great guy offering tours of GC real cheap......$10 pp for 4 hours.....the van had 10 of us in it and he was just great, informative and had good jokes to tell. Gave us bottled water and at one stop tried local food at his expense. There are always guides private that is outside with great offers. He even let people off at the 7 mile beach and they took a cab back to the pier $4pp. Would do it again.

Enjoy your day.

There's a bus that is cheap and stops right at the tender port. ALL of the beaches are public and free. There will be chair/umbrella/watersport rentals all up and down the beach. Food/drink and bathrooms are all up and down the beach. Have a great time!

Archived