My husband has turned me into a gadget junkie :(

Dee777

Hello everyone!

I was just making my list (and checking it twice) for all the goodies I will be bringing on our cruise in my carry on case... and I realized that my DH has done a great job of addicting me to all things electronic. My list includes (but is not limited to because Christmas is fast approaching and goodness knows what will be under the tree THIS year!)

iPod, charger

Motorola Xoom, charger

Bose headset

iPad, charger

Blackberry, charger

Camera, batteries

What do you travel with? I have the iPad and Xoom loaded up with movies to watch, music to listen to and games to play so when I'm bored (flying or trying to sleep at night because I am a terrible insomniac) I will never run out of something to do!

Interested in hearing about your travel gadgets!

Netbook,

plus external dvd drive & charger

Camera & charger

Flispshare camcorder

mp3 player

Cell phone & charger

Ohh & ok a cd walkman, I have alot of CD's (wont bring that on the ship though)

In my defense, it is a 9 hour drive each way and we are leaving a day early. Still pretty ridiculous though.

I annoy myself with all the stuff

Netbook,

plus external dvd drive & charger

Camera & charger

Flispshare camcorder

mp3 player

Cell phone & charger

Ohh & ok a cd walkman, I have alot of CD's (wont bring that on the ship though)

In my defense, it is a 9 hour drive each way and we are leaving a day early. Still pretty ridiculous though.

I annoy myself with all the stuff

You have me beat, I don't feel so bad now LOL

:D

DSLR and accessorries

P&S and accessories

Phone and charger

Laptop and accessories

Why would anyone have two tablets or possibly bring two things that would make one truely redundant? Everything always fits into one Lowepro backpack.

I would never bring at least for myself two of anything. We buy phones that have the same chargers. Kids are responsibile for their own gagets.

you dont really need all the chargers, go out and buy one of these http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/355028793/Adapter_USB_Charger_for_iphone_3G.html

this is just a quick search for a usb charger, it works with any usb !! ipod, mp3 players.... you just plug your usb in one part and the other plugs into the electric plug. Our cell phones came with one.

I am self professed gadget geek. It's my one true addition. :) With that in mind, I try to limit how many chargers I need when selecting gadgets now.

Example:

My cell phone, 4G hotspot, and kindle, all use micro usb to charge. That means one cable, one charger for the lot.

A lot of my other devices have mini-usb chargers...easy enough, I use a mini to micro adapter, so now those devices are covered.

If I bring my tablet or netbook, those have dedicated chargers. As does the DSLR.

But for our coming trip, I think I am limiting myself to my cell, my kindle, and a point N shoot camera.

DSLR and accessorries

P&S and accessories

Phone and charger

Laptop and accessories

Why would anyone have two tablets or possibly bring two things that would make one truely redundant? Everything always fits into one Lowepro backpack.

I would never bring at least for myself two of anything. We buy phones that have the same chargers. Kids are responsibile for their own gagets.

Oh not redundant at all! The Xoom is for the movies, the iPad is for the gaming. The Xoom has expandable memory and I have LOTS of movies on it. I am able to get better games for the iPad than what is offered for the Android system (for my taste anyway!) All my stuff is contained in one bag and DH and I both have BlackBerries so same chargers for us too!

His Iphone

My cell phone

His camera

My camera

An extra camera

Video camera

Ipod

Ihome

Walkie talkies

Netbook computer

Samsung tablet

even Electronic cigarettes...quit smoking the real ones months ago:)

It is a little more than usual, but we are getting married on this cruise.

I love and have plenty of gadgets but other than a camera and cellphone nothing comes with us on a cruise. But as soon at we get in the room the cellphone goes in the safe and doesn't get turned on until we disembark. If we have particularly long flight we may bring a MP3 player but that stays in the safe the whole cruise as well.

Hello everyone!

I was just making my list (and checking it twice) for all the goodies I will be bringing on our cruise in my carry on case... and I realized that my DH has done a great job of addicting me to all things electronic. My list includes (but is not limited to because Christmas is fast approaching and goodness knows what will be under the tree THIS year!)

iPod, charger

Motorola Xoom, charger

Bose headset

iPad, charger

Blackberry, charger

Camera, batteries

What do you travel with? I have the iPad and Xoom loaded up with movies to watch, music to listen to and games to play so when I'm bored (flying or trying to sleep at night because I am a terrible insomniac) I will never run out of something to do!

LOL...I laughed when I read this because I have turned DH in to a gadget junkie :eek:. He has his iPhone, iPod and DS with all of the chargers etc because I have introduced him to the technology world. :rolleyes:

But...I will admit it was easier to travel before we had to start packing our "technology bag" !! ;) :D

you dont really need all the chargers, go out and buy one of these http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/355028793/Adapter_USB_Charger_for_iphone_3G.html

this is just a quick search for a usb charger, it works with any usb !! ipod, mp3 players.... you just plug your usb in one part and the other plugs into the electric plug. Our cell phones came with one.

You're incorrect assumption is that everything uses standard USB to charge.

Most cellphones don't.

Most Cameras don't.

iPads don't. ... etc.

I love and have plenty of gadgets but other than a camera and cellphone nothing comes with us on a cruise. But as soon at we get in the room the cellphone goes in the safe and doesn't get turned on until we disembark. If we have particularly long flight we may bring a MP3 player but that stays in the safe the whole cruise as well.

I am like you - cell phone gets turned off and locked up and camera is the only other gadget I travel with. I cruise to get away from all the other stuff but what others do, have, listen to, play with is none of my concern except for the walkie talkies that I would love to throw overboard. I have stood beside kids on the Lido being little a**es as they sweetly tell their parents that they are in the game room etc

Dee777

Ok I also have the Zoom, do you just get your movies off of Amazon? I have it but dont really know what it can do. I usually just play games on it. And advise would be greatly appreciated...

thanks!!

My husband has a program on his computer to "rip" movies that we own. So, he puts the disk into the computer, alters it with the program and saves it in our external hard drive. I then access the HD with my laptop and transfer it onto my Xoom! I can find out the program for you when he is home from work tonight! I like to buy sets of various TV series I never have time to watch and when I am on a flight or trying to sleep at night I watch them. I also buy movies when they are on sale at Wal Mart for $5 and voila!

I am like you - cell phone gets turned off and locked up and camera is the only other gadget I travel with. I cruise to get away from all the other stuff but what others do, have, listen to, play with is none of my concern except for the walkie talkies that I would love to throw overboard. I have stood beside kids on the Lido being little a**es as they sweetly tell their parents that they are in the game room etc

I'm with you all the way on that walkie talkie issue LOL

Have one, LOVE it! Also have the cigarette lighter adapter too!

His Iphone

My cell phone

His camera

My camera

An extra camera

Video camera

Ipod

Ihome

Walkie talkies

Netbook computer

Samsung tablet

even Electronic cigarettes...quit smoking the real ones months ago:)

It is a little more than usual, but we are getting married on this cruise.

Best wishes to you on your wedding, have a wonderful cruise!

You're incorrect assumption is that everything uses standard USB to charge.

Most cellphones don't.

Most Cameras don't.

iPads don't. ... etc.

I didnt say everything i said everything with a usb works with it including my ipad, i plug it in everynight to charge it. All 4 cell phones in our house have usb cords and they are charged using the usb charger. Our camera has a battery charger that we plug in.

Hello everyone!

iPod, charger

Motorola Xoom, charger

Bose headset

iPad, charger

Blackberry, charger

Camera, batteries

I would just take the xoom, the ipad or the ereader they all do more or less the same and do you need three for that amount of time?

This is our checklist:

2 ipads

netbook ( for downloading photos) w/ charger

both i phones

we only bring 2 apple charges as they change everything

Ipod nano

3 cameras

10 rechargeable batters for cameras.

20 memory cards assorted sized and types.

Memory card reader for ipad

usb cord for netbook.

3 headsets apple

Ispot 4g

mifi 3g

various lens for camera.

rechargeable aa batterys for cheap camera and flash

alarm clock

power strip

tripod, monopod

video camera.

When we are gone longer than 7 days we throw in the macbook air and the accessory so he can check work stuff and or fix what they broke.

We have a backpack that we put all the gadgets in. It is a camera one with all the lenes and has places for everything. We know it will always make it. I feel like I am forgeting something

We take too many photos in Raw to just use the ipad for the pictures so we need the netbook.

Archived