Whats the worst ship you have sailed on

...I also found it didn't have a lot of sea views from most public areas. I felt that I had to go out of my way to see the sea. I like to know I am at sea when on a cruise :).

My cruise experience was OK, but I doubt I will cruise on her, or the other current other P&O ships, again. There are too many other, interesting, newer, reasonably priced options out there. (I am afraid HAL has spoiled me, too).

Cheers,

Exactly!! The ship just isn't anywhere near open enough for my liking. There is no way I'd cruise to a destination like NZ on her...imagine going up Milford Sound and the only decent viewing areas are on top of the ship on the port and starboard sides and at the rear outside the cafe...you can't even get to the front of the ship (bar a small secret opening on one of the decks) without having to look through tainted, filthy glass in the Dome nightclub. When you are inside her, you only have small porthole windows at best...complete opposite to the Rhapsody of the Seas. ;):)

Pacific Pearl and Pacific Jewel, dull dull dull, where oh where did P&O spend all that money refurbishing them? ... Pacific Sky was the best ship P&O have ever had by a long long way but since she is sadly no longer with us :( I will cruise on the Sun or go elsewhere! I overheard cruise personnel in August that the sun is being sold in March and not being replaced! Why do they get rid of the good ships, if the sun does go, I won't be back that's for sure.

Luckily, I have not sailed on a bad one yet, I have liked each one! If I had to rate the few I have been on, Xpedition would come out on top but more for the total experience rather than the ship, then Galaxy, Infinity and then Rhapsody. Really looking forward to trying Century and Reflection within the next 14 months.

Yes ... that would be the Fishguard to Rosslare ferry :p

It appears to only take two hours these days but as a child it was an overnight crossing and we weren't allowed out of our seats even when everyone else was being sick around us :eek:

I also found it didn't have a lot of sea views from most public areas. I felt that I had to go out of my way to see the sea. I like to know I am at sea when on a cruise :).

We thought the same about the Jewel. We also didn't like the design of the MDR - couldn't get anywhere near a window table in a wheelchair.

Whilst Sapphire Princess & Celebrity Mercury were 4 star ships, having lounges & bars where pax could smoke in one half (hello??) really bothered us, especially to Alaska on Mercury with the frigid air outside all the smokers congregated in their half of one of the most popular lounge where a lot of onboard activities were held. So the ships weren't bad as such, but the smoking policy definitely was!

No bad cruises and I've only been on 3 ships so far.

But have to agree with the majority & say Pacific Dawn. Very hard to get a table in Buffet area. Annoying My Time Dining which wasn't really my time at all. You had to book each morning & if you were too slow or forgot no times would be left!!! Plus those damn Art Auctions.... interesting to watch at first as I had never seen an Auction. But there was no storage facility & those paintings lined every walkway, hallway & indoor public space they could find.

No more Art auctions with P&O, haven't been for months.

The ship I don't like much, is Pacific Jewel.

Hate to disappoint you but we were on the Pearl in August and they had those dammed art actions every couple of days grrrr

Hate to disappoint you but we were on the Pearl in August and they had those dammed art actions every couple of days grrrr

Hi Parsta, I have been cruising after you, and can assure you...British Australian Art is no more.

this is an insert from P&O, after so many people had trouble receiving their artwork, even months after getting off ship.

Hi all, We’re sorry you have experienced problems with your art purchase and can understand your disappointment with regard to the service you have received. Due to the problems generated by our supplier, British Australian Art (BAA), we confirm we will be directly assisting passengers to ensure they either receive their purchased artwork where possible, or are given a full refund of the purchase price by way of a purchase of the right to the art from passengers. To achieve this, we are working through the supplier's data, which is taking some time. We apologise if you receive some incorrect communication while we work through this. Any artwork that is available will be sent to the purchaser by a contractor (Icons of Group) we have engaged to assist us to fulfil as many of our passenger's art purchases as possible. Any art purchases that cannot be fulfilled will be fully refunded by us by way of a purchase of the right to the art from passengers. Some passengers who ordered multiple pieces of art may get communications regarding fulfilment of some art, and refunds by way of purchase for others. If you receive a letter/email regarding delivery of art you have already received, please call Icons Of Group on the number provided in your letter/email and let them know. Thank you for your understanding.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

We were on the Pearl late August and there were no Art Auctions then, maybe they stopped them between our cruises. Robin:)

Archived