What to do with several hours in Miami?

mspink98

The airline keeps changing our flight home, and we’re now not leaving MIA until 4PM. I’m looking into possibly taking a ship tour to the Everglades, but wondering if anyone who knows the area better has any bright ideas. We’re coming into POM the morning of Saturday 3/3/12, and would like to be at MIA around 2-ish. Help?

Besides cruise sponsored tours that will drop you at the airport you are limited unless you can do something with your bags. The easiest and cheapest solution is to rent a car, put the bags in the trunk and then go where you want. Lunch and people watching at South Beach is a great way to kill a few hours.:cool: Both Avis and Hertz have downtown locations close to POM; there are more rental agencies scattered in South Beach, about a $15 cab ride away from POM.

There is a hotel inside the MIA airport (call the Airport hotel) - you might look into day rates for a room that would let you relax, lounge by the pool, etc. Some of the MIA area hotels may also offer day rooms - check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others), all with free airport shuttles and lunch options at the hotel and within walking distance.

Good luck! :)

Im going to be checking with our concierge at our hotel to see how much it would be to book a car to do a Miami tour with my son. I have a 6pm flight and my friends who are cruising with me are leaving on thier flight at noon. I thought it would be nice to relax and have someone tour me around. I am also open to other ideas. I know we booked a trip to the Miami Seaquarium the day we return from our ship.

The airline keeps changing our flight home, and we’re now not leaving MIA until 4PM. I’m looking into possibly taking a ship tour to the Everglades, but wondering if anyone who knows the area better has any bright ideas. We’re coming into POM the morning of Saturday 3/3/12, and would like to be at MIA around 2-ish. Help?

I would either take a tour of rent a car. To me the tour seems the easiest.

Keith

Archived