Purchasing OBC

Pean

I was wondering if Celebrity has changed the way they handle purchasing of OBC. When I purchased some previously for our last trip i received an email saying how much I had purchased. I bought some about a month ago for our next cruise and all I received was an email thanking me for placing my order with Gifts by Celebrity but no mention of what I actually ordered. The only reference number on there is my reservation number. Although the money has now gone out of the bank I have not received anything that specifically says how much OBC I purchased. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I was wondering if Celebrity has changed the way they handle purchasing of OBC. When I purchased some previously for our last trip i received an email saying how much I had purchased. I bought some about a month ago for our next cruise and all I received was an email thanking me for placing my order with Gifts by Celebrity but no mention of what I actually ordered. The only reference number on there is my reservation number. Although the money has now gone out of the bank I have not received anything that specifically says how much OBC I purchased. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Found it hard to know how to phrase this because I wanted to say "do not worry" but that is silly becuase I always do!. The answer is "this is normal"! We have had this situation many times and, so far, there has never been a problem. I try to remember to take a screen print during the purchase process - but do not always remember! I travel with whatever evidence I have - email, screen print, credit card/bank statement showing debit - it makes me feel better but, so far, I have not had to use it. There is, of course, always a first time - so, I worry!

Sue

Thanks project gal. I know I probably shouldn't worry but because last time I received an email outlining exactly how much OBC I had purchased I was expecting the same this time. I will take your advice though and collect evidence and hope I don't need it. Cheers

I've done it three or four times now and so far so good. The OBC has always been there along with notes in the cabin I sent to myself saying "Dont' spend it all at once" or "Enjoy the spa";) As you say the email doesn't show amounts and I've forgotten the screen print so just take that email and trust it's all linked through my booking number. I had Guest Relations on the case once when no OBCs were showing and they were easily able to tell me against my booking number that none had been ordered and for me to check with my bank. I checked my bank statement whilst I was onboard and sure enough I had never been charged for them. I think I was so intent on printing off the screen summary that I forgot to click "Submit". :o

Phil

Archived