A1/2 or PH2/3 level on Riviera?

goldengatecruisers

We are considering our first Oceania voyage next year taking in a Europe itinerary. We are going back and forth between an A1/2 and a PH2/3 category stateroom/suite. Would experienced Oceania cruisers, especially ones who are familiar with Marina care to chime in as to the added benefits of the PH accommodations. I realize the size of the stateroom jumps from 282 to 420 approx (including balcony), which in and of itself is a major plus for us. We would be looking at a port intensive itinerary so arguably we would not be spending time in our stateroom during the day time compared with time spent there during sea days. We do enjoy the extra space but wonder whether a concierge level stateroom would be just as wonderful for this particular voyage. One of us wants to splurge on the PH and the other one is more reasonable. I'm the first of those two people :) We would like to hear what you have to say.

What differences, if any, between the Executive lounge and the Concierge lounge? Are there complimentary specialty coffees in either of these two venues?

Thank you for your opinions. We are very excited to be booking our first Oceania voyage and want to make sure we select the appropriate category.

Many thanks,

Ashley

Ashley - I have only sailed PH2 on Marina so I cannot comment on other catagories, however I would say get a cabin on level 10 instead of 11 as the overhang on 11 blocks ANY view of the sky. jmo

Thank you. Your advice is acknowledged. Can you please tell me what differences if any between the Concierge and Executive lounges. Also what sort of services are offered in these lounges.

The Executive lounge is simply a more deluxe version of the Concierge lounge in that there are nicer and better upholstered furnishings. There are also more computer stations in the executive lounge, and easier access to a printer.

For my money, however, the difference between the two room grades that you are considering is mostly about the Butler (Suites get one, other cabins don't).

A Butler on Oceania Cruises is much more than a glorified cabin steward. He (or she) will make your specialty restaurant reservations; get you a massage appointment for that coveted time-slot; have a hot bath drawn for you when you return from that strenuous shore excursion; or, if you like to keep it simple, will insure that the blueberries that you were so crazy about will always be on your breakfast tray.

It makes for a delightful way to travel in an an increasingly uncivilized world. :D

We went through the same exercise, as the 4/24 Riviera will be our first O. cruise. We decided that we'd go for a B1 Veranda cabin on deck 8 because:

- Since this is our first time on Riviera we'll want to be exploring the ship and doing any and all activities available.

- This is a very port oriented cruise, we'll be off the ship for as long as possible at each port.

- We aren't familiar with how Riviera "rides" and so want to be relatively low and midships for minimum motion. Plus we have not been in the Med in the Spring before so not familiar with the seastate then.

- We want cabin decks above and below us for noise reasons.

- We'd rather spend the $$$ on wine and shore-x.

- We can party in JimandStan's suite :D

PS - We've been in cabins ranging from the "petite" Seadream cabin to the very large Penthouse suite on Regent Mariner. For some reason our favorite was the rather modest balcony "suite" on the Xpedition. Maybe it was the layout, or maybe it was being in the Galapagos.....

Archived