Rhapsody of the Seas Itinerary Changes for Nov 27

Gordo

We are sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas departing on November 27th and just found out the following information from Royal Caribbean regarding a change to one of our ports and the overall port order. Below is the live chat information from the Royal Caribbean website for those who might be interested.

I have checked with our Resolutions department regarding this sailing, and it does appear that a change was made to this itinerary yesterday afternoon. I apologize that I was not aware of this previously, this information is in the process of being shared with all of our contact centers, but has not yet reached all employees. It does appear that Ouvea was replaced with Vila due to a berthing conflict. Additionally, the order of Isle of Pines and Noumea have been changed from the original itinerary. You will be visiting Isle of Pines on 11/30/11, Vila on 12/01/11, Mystery Island on 12/02/11, and Noumea on 12/03/11.

We are sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas departing on November 27th and just found out the following information from Royal Caribbean regarding a change to one of our ports and the overall port order. Below is the live chat information from the Royal Caribbean website for those who might be interested.

I have checked with our Resolutions department regarding this sailing, and it does appear that a change was made to this itinerary yesterday afternoon. I apologize that I was not aware of this previously, this information is in the process of being shared with all of our contact centers, but has not yet reached all employees. It does appear that Ouvea was replaced with Vila due to a berthing conflict. Additionally, the order of Isle of Pines and Noumea have been changed from the original itinerary. You will be visiting Isle of Pines on 11/30/11, Vila on 12/01/11, Mystery Island on 12/02/11, and Noumea on 12/03/11.

Ouvea is a tender port but they havent been there for about 2 years as the natives are restless

At least they are replacing it with a decent port, not like P & O who just stick in another tender port so they don't have to pay port charges! we got Mystery Island (again) instead of Poum, as it is also having civil unrest problems,as has been said Ouvea has been off the itineraries of all cruise companies for a couple of years, I don't know why they keep advertising it as a port of call. Robin:)

At least they are replacing it with a decent port, not like P & O who just stick in another tender port so they don't have to pay port charges! we got Mystery Island (again) instead of Poum, as it is also having civil unrest problems,as has been said Ouvea has been off the itineraries of all cruise companies for a couple of years, I don't know why they keep advertising it as a port of call. Robin:)

Maybe they are slower to update then the rest of the lines, or they are hoping to get back there? :confused:

we are sailing on rhapsody of the seas departing on november 27th and just found out the following information from royal caribbean regarding a change to one of our ports and the overall port order. below is the live chat information from the royal caribbean website for those who might be interested.

i have checked with our resolutions department regarding this sailing, and it does appear that a change was made to this itinerary yesterday afternoon. I apologize that i was not aware of this previously, this information is in the process of being shared with all of our contact centers, but has not yet reached all employees. It does appear that ouvea was replaced with vila due to a berthing conflict. Additionally, the order of isle of pines and noumea have been changed from the original itinerary. You will be visiting isle of pines on 11/30/11, vila on 12/01/11, mystery island on 12/02/11, and noumea on 12/03/11.

going to vila will be so much better than ouvea!! Good tourist destination, great food etc. Have been there at least 7 times and not all on cruise ships. It was our favourite destination when we had teenager children. Go to erekor for the coconut chilli crab! :)

Glad the 27th Nov cruisers sound happy, I will be on Rhapsody on the 16 Dec for 10 night, 5 ports, we got Mystery Island instead of Ouvea, as we are already doing Vila.

Guess it just replaced 1 snorkeling island for another, time to do new research.

Archived