Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

It was probably a 24 hour hold.......like you can do right now on http://www.rccl.com.........then call and get moved

Just an FYI. OP did the right thing by contacting the "new" TA. Had she tried to go online and reserve herself, she would have been rejected as there is already a reservation in their name for that cruise.

Hope OP comes back during her lunch break to give an update. :)

Just an FYI. OP did the right thing by contacting the "new" TA. Had she tried to go online and reserve herself, she would have been rejected as there is already a reservation in their name for that cruise.

Hope OP comes back during her lunch break to give an update. :)

I have put a hold on a better cabin while RCCL was closed.......it didnt get rejected.....and the next day,they just switched me into the new cabin with my original booking number.

I have put a hold on a better cabin while RCCL was closed.......it didnt get rejected.....and the next day,they just switched me into the new cabin with my original booking number.

Ditto! I do that all the time! :D I've also found that many cabins come available in the middle of the night and then disappear in the morning, so I often get up in the middle of the night and search for better cabins when I am not 100% happy with what I currently have booked. I think those 24-hour holds must automatically drop back into inventory over night, but are then snapped up first thing in the morning. The early bird catches the worm! ;)

Hi guys!

Deb had these 2 cabins(14315,14317) as well as 3 more( BV 7721,D4 7722 & D4 8562) placed on 24 hour hold.

She has had me pulled from old TA's block and placed into hers. RCCL is now getting things changed over there and changing invoices over to her as well.

She says to give her about an hour and she'll send me over all the new info.

She says that each time the old TA switched my booking, the price increased(totaling an extra $552.) due to the certain cats and cabins. Old TA never made me aware of this.

The TA corp took care of the extra charges which brought my total cruise amout to $6203.20. I paid $5651.20.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm typing these as I'm talking to my TA.

I'll let you guys know what cabins we finally select. :)

Hi guys!

Deb had these 2 cabins(14315,14317) as well as 3 more( BV 7721,D4 7722 & D4 8562) placed on 24 hour hold.

FYI....7722(the balcony) is the triple,while 7721 is the double......if that matters to you

Been lurking- those look good, at least they are together, the Corp TA company is willing to " make good" for your loses, and if you read Jennats review...

( I highly recommend it....after all this is settled, with a nice glass of wine; you will laugh...a lot!)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1509860

You will see she talks about a " private" balcony at the end of this deck, so you really will have an opportunity chillax by the ocean too!

I do hope this gets all settled for you!

Thanks so muc for this review!

I'm finally to the point where I'm smiling again. Hopefullly the laugh will come soon as I already have the wine part covered. :D

Been lurking- those look good, at least they are together, the Corp TA company is willing to " make good" for your loses, and if you read Jennats review...

( I highly recommend it....after all this is settled, with a nice glass of wine; you will laugh...a lot!)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1509860

You will see she talks about a " private" balcony at the end of this deck, so you really will have an opportunity chillax by the ocean too!

I do hope this gets all settled for you!

Nah, that doesn't matter at all. They're across tha hall from eachother. That's what matters most.

7721 is the Boardwalk view while 7722 is the oceanview balcony.

Glad it worked out for you. This new agent seems to have it altogether.

All I can say is WOW! I just read this whole thread. I cannot believe that you have had to go through this nightmare. :confused:

I am happy that it seems like it is about to work out for you and your family.

If I were you, when you get back and everyone is in their office, I would have a few rather pointed conversations - the first one being with the original TA and the next being with her boss/employer/corporate office. In addition, I would make sure that someone up the food chain hears how Deb made it all work out. :)

This thread has confirmed my belief that you are better off booking your own cruise. I have used TA's in the past and been happy - it is always a good idea to have experience and support in your corner when planning something. However when it comes to a cruise, since everything can be done online, it seems like a good idea to maintain control of your own destiny. I do not mean to be critical of TA's. As I said, I have used them in the past and there are a lot of really good ones out there. However, this thread is an extreme case of what can go wrong when you don't have control of your own reservation.

I can't wait for your update and to find out where you finally end up.

Please come back after your cruise and let us know how it went!! :)

Glad things are finally looking good for you! :)

Ditto! I do that all the time! :D I've also found that many cabins come available in the middle of the night and then disappear in the morning, so I often get up in the middle of the night and search for better cabins when I am not 100% happy with what I currently have booked. I think those 24-hour holds must automatically drop back into inventory over night, but are then snapped up first thing in the morning. The early bird catches the worm! ;)

Oops, I was actually told that on here. Guess they were wrong, too. :o

Sorry for the long delay,but I've been waiting for my Ta who's been going back and forth with RCCL trying to get them to bend with pricing.

Unfortunately they wouldn't so to keep us from coming out of pocket with anymore money,we've found the best choice would be to go with cabim #8562. Our 7 yo will sleep in the cabin with DH and I and the 17 and 15 yo will keep cabin# 8443.

Sorry for the long delay,but I've been waiting for my Ta who's been going back and forth with RCCL trying to get them to bend with pricing.

Unfortunately they wouldn't so to keep us from coming out of pocket with anymore money,we've found the best choice would be to go with cabim #8562. Our 7 yo will sleep in the cabin with DH and I and the 17 and 15 yo will keep cabin# 8443.

So you are putting 3 in the cabin for 2 and 2 in the cabin for 3?

He'll probably sleep in the bed with us. That's what he normally does anyway whenever we're able to be home togather. Dad is still a contractor for the Gov so he's away from home alot. We'll all appreciate this time together.

Just happy the teens are MUCH closer to our cabin. :)

It isn't a sleep sofa but if you tell your steward, they will "make up" the sofa as best they can with a sheet and blanket so your little one can be comfortable.

He'll probably sleep in the bed with us. That's what he normally does anyway whenever we're able to be home togather. Dad is still a contractor for the Gov so he's away from home alot. We'll all appreciate this time together.

Just happy the teens are MUCH closer to our cabin. :)

That's good because now that I look at that balcony again, it is a connecting cabin so it doesn't have a full size sofa anyway. I think those have a loveseat but maybe someone can confirm that.

We're on the Oasis, Jan 28th sailing. Our cabin numbers were originally L 6535, and D 6164.

I paid the final payment yesterday and when she sent the confirmation I noticed the cabins were changed to L 6546 and D 6545.

Is there any difference in these cabins such as size, location ect????

If the 7 year old is with you, wouldn't this have been perfect :confused:

Right across the hall with a triple out side balcony

Yes, but not what we planned for in the beginning, but push came to shove and with several TA mistakes, here we are.

We'll make the best of what we have and have a blast on the cruise!

If the 7 year old is with you, wouldn't this have been perfect :confused:

Right across the hall with a triple out side balcony

Archived