Ever been on a long wait list and gotten a cabin???

LadyLeo84

We're wanting to go on a particular cruise next October and all of the balcony and mini-suite cabins are sold out. There's inside and ocean view cabins available, but we are not interested in those. We're on a wait list right now, but we are currently number 100 on the list!!! Any thoughts from anyone who's been in this position as to whether we might actually end up with a cabin?

We were 121 on the Sapphire 4n cruise lsat year and got a room! We didn't hear until well after final payment.

Make sure you list for multiple cabin types (ALL balcony cabins ok or balcony and all mini suites ok...).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your replies!!

Kath00: Thank you so much for all of the info and the encouragement!! It does sound like there's a little bit hope that we may end up with a cabin, although it may take awhile. Our T/A has made sure that she does have us on the wait list for all balcony and mini suite categories. You had mentioned that you didn't hear back until well after final payment. How long were you on the wait list? What category cabin did you end up with?

Cruise Junky: Have you already booked a cabin (even though it's not what you want) and hoping that a balcony cabin will become available before final payment? Just wondering if that would help to move us up the wait list or not? CJ, I think you were on a recent cruise that we were on also. Neither of us had the same problems booking a cabin then. Hahaha. Playing the waiting game sure isn't much fun when you have your heart set on a particular cruise.

Jan: I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't end up with a cabin after waiting. How disappointing that must have been.

Trudy

Cruise Junky: Have you already booked a cabin (even though it's not what you want) and hoping that a balcony cabin will become available before final payment? Just wondering if that would help to move us up the wait list or not? CJ, I think you were on a recent cruise that we were on also. Neither of us had the same problems booking a cabin then. Hahaha. Playing the waiting game sure isn't much fun when you have your heart set on a particular cruise.

Jan: I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't end up with a cabin after waiting. How disappointing that must have been.

Trudy

Hi there, yes, we're currently booked in an inside cabin, not sure if it'll help or not

Hi there, yes, we're currently booked in an inside cabin, not sure if it'll help or not

We may go ahead and book a cabin to see if it will help with the wait list. Like you, if we don't have a balcony by final payment (which isn't until the end of July), then we will definitely cancel too as there is no way that I would want to get stuck with an inside or ocean view cabin. Especially on a T/A cruise!! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that you do end up being able to get your balcony.

Trudy

We may go ahead and book a cabin to see if it will help with the wait list. Like you, if we don't have a balcony by final payment (which isn't until the end of July), then we will definitely cancel too as there is no way that I would want to get stuck with an inside or ocean view cabin. Especially on a T/A cruise!! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that you do end up being able to get your balcony.

Trudy

I hear you. We won't be going either if it's not a balcony. And to be honest, I wouldn't be heartbroken, it's a wine cruise and for the money we would just do 4 days in Napa.

We're wanting to go on a particular cruise next October and all of the balcony and mini-suite cabins are sold out. There's inside and ocean view cabins available, but we are not interested in those. We're on a wait list right now, but we are currently number 100 on the list!!! Any thoughts from anyone who's been in this position as to whether we might actually end up with a cabin?

Which cruise is this?

Which cruise is this?

Hi icat2000, This is the same cruise that you're booked on - the Ruby Princess transatlantic on October 9, 2012. We were recently on the Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise with friends and we found out about this cruise while onboard the Coral. We all decided to book the Ruby T/A cruise when we got back home. Never thought about all of the balconies and minis being sold out this far in advance.:eek: So, we're waitlisted. We've never been on a waitlist before, so not really sure what to expect or if we'll actually make it onboard the Ruby.

Kath00: Thank you so much for all of the info and the encouragement!! It does sound like there's a little bit hope that we may end up with a cabin, although it may take awhile. Our T/A has made sure that she does have us on the wait list for all balcony and mini suite categories. You had mentioned that you didn't hear back until well after final payment. How long were you on the wait list? What category cabin did you end up with?

Trudy

We ended up with a Vista Suite! :) It was awesome. Definitely be prepared not to hear anything until well after final payment (maybe 2-3 weeks after). Most people drop out right at final payment deadline (or 24h before) so there is very little chance that you could get off the WL before that time. People just hang on to cabins "just in case" for as long as possible.

Katherine

Hi icat2000, This is the same cruise that you're booked on - the Ruby Princess transatlantic on October 9, 2012. We were recently on the Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise with friends and we found out about this cruise while onboard the Coral. We all decided to book the Ruby T/A cruise when we got back home. Never thought about all of the balconies and minis being sold out this far in advance.:eek: So, we're waitlisted. We've never been on a waitlist before, so not really sure what to expect or if we'll actually make it onboard the Ruby.

I hope you make it on the cruise. I got one of the last balconys on the Caibre deck when I booked it last June.

Wow. But the waitlist being 100 for this cruise for the balcony/Mini Suites. I didn't realise that. I know that the South America cruise on the Grand Princess in 2013 has a waitlist of 500. Crazy.

We ended up with a Vista Suite! :) It was awesome. Definitely be prepared not to hear anything until well after final payment (maybe 2-3 weeks after). Most people drop out right at final payment deadline (or 24h before) so there is very little chance that you could get off the WL before that time. People just hang on to cabins "just in case" for as long as possible.

Katherine

Hi Katherine:

Wow, awesome is right!! What a nice cabin you ended up with. Guess that it was worth the wait after all. Where was it located? Did you book a cabin and then add your name to a waitlist for a balony (or above) or were you just on the waitlist? I want to make sure that we do it the right way so that we will hopefully end up with a cabin too. Thanks again for all of the info!!

Trudy

I hope you make it on the cruise. I got one of the last balconys on the Caibre deck when I booked it last June.

Wow. But the waitlist being 100 for this cruise for the balcony/Mini Suites. I didn't realise that. I know that the South America cruise on the Grand Princess in 2013 has a waitlist of 500. Crazy.

icat 2000:

Wow, I didn't realize that the Ruby TA had been booked out several months back!! We haven't done a TA before and didn't know that they were so popular. I see that you're waitlisted too for a cruise that doesn't even sail until 2013!! Good luck and I hope that you end up with a cabin as well.

Trudy

Hi Katherine:

Wow, awesome is right!! What a nice cabin you ended up with. Guess that it was worth the wait after all. Where was it located? Did you book a cabin and then add your name to a waitlist for a balony (or above) or were you just on the waitlist? I want to make sure that we do it the right way so that we will hopefully end up with a cabin too. Thanks again for all of the info!!

Trudy

We were on the WL for balcony or above. We did end up paying the VS price, which is $$$$, but it was worth it. It's an aft facing balcony and we just adored hearing the waves late at night. The balcony is extra deep and since it's wind-sheltered, we hung out there sipping wine every night, even when there was a huge storm and was raining cats and dogs. :)

Get on the WL for whatever you are willing to pay for and then make no further changes. Some people have reported that if you make a change, you may end up being put to the back of the WL. So call ASAP and make any changes now and then leave your WL alone!

We got spoiled forever with that suite! Never again will we stay in a regular balcony (so be careful what you wish for). :)

Katherine

icat 2000:

Wow, I didn't realize that the Ruby TA had been booked out several months back!! We haven't done a TA before and didn't know that they were so popular. I see that you're waitlisted too for a cruise that doesn't even sail until 2013!! Good luck and I hope that you end up with a cabin as well.

Trudy

I'm already resigned to the fact that I probably won't get a cabin in the South America cruise. I don't want a inside cabin. So I'm going to wait until 2014 and book and get a balcony or OV depending of course on $$ as I travel solo and sometimes its a little bit expensive.

I'm already resigned to the fact that I probably won't get a cabin in the South America cruise. I don't want a inside cabin. So I'm going to wait until 2014 and book and get a balcony or OV depending of course on $$ as I travel solo and sometimes its a little bit expensive.

We too are witlisted for both the 2012 and 2013 South America cruises....we have insides booked but won't take anything less than a balcony. When do you think the 2014 SAmerica itinerary/bookings will be available????

We too are witlisted for both the 2012 and 2013 South America cruises....we have insides booked but won't take anything less than a balcony. When do you think the 2014 SAmerica itinerary/bookings will be available????

I not a 100% sure but I believe sometime in Spring 2013 or aroundabout March 2013. I just keep checking.

Archived