TAP Portugal

BLONDE BOMBER

Has anyone flown on TAP Portugal, looking at flights but i can not get much info on airline.

My flights would be MIA to LIS (Lisbon) then LIS to Barcelona.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Met some people on a cruise that flew TAP transatlantic, and onto BCN and they really enjoyed it

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/tap.htm

What do you mean you can't get much info on the airline? What are you looking for that you can't find? I've taken them for FOR-LIS and back. My wife has taken them a few other times, though it's been a few years. Service was okay on the international leg, so-so on our fights within Europe. Much depend son the exact plane involved. Are you flying economy or biz/first? They are in the Star Alliance,if accumulating miles is a factor.

I assume you are considering them because they are cheaper than other options, but you don't say what the other options are. I've seen mixed reviews of Iberia but haven't taken them.

Don't want to hijack the thread but have some questions on this route on TAP.

On arrival in Lisbon, there's 2hr10minutes to change planes for the flight to BCN. Is that enough time to clear customs or do you do that on arrival in BCN?

Another question about changing flights in Lisbon w/TAP...The return I'm looking at is VCE/LIS/MIA. There's 1hr40 min between the LIS and MIA flight. Again, is that doable?

Thanks!

Sorry, not getting much info on that particular route, I have seen a lot of mixed reviews on TAP but none specifically on the route I am looking. The planes are A330, and, it is much cheaper than AA, or BA so I was just asking to see if anyone out on the boards had any personal experiences with them.

Sorry, not getting much info on that particular route, I have seen a lot of mixed reviews on TAP but none specifically on the route I am looking. The planes are A330, and, it is much cheaper than AA, or BA so I was just asking to see if anyone out on the boards had any personal experiences with them.

If it is much cheaper, the chances are excellent that you are being offered consolidator tickets. Please read the stickies at the top of this forum so that you know that pluses and minuses of this.

If you tell us the source of the tickets we can likely tell you exactly what you are getting.

Without knowing this and what class you are flying it is hard to give you specific information. A few general comments: this flight has good on-time performance. Lisboa is an easy place to make a connection. You would go through passport control there and not see your luggage until you get to Barcelona. You will have sufficent time both ways if you land on-time.

Their A330 is a fairly standard offering. Personal TVs in coach (unlike their 340s) 32 inch pitch and 18 inch wide seats. I don't eat on airlines, so I can't comment on the meals.

• 4 weeks later...

I would be booking the Ticket directly through TAP's website, so I don't think it would be a consolidator ticket...but maybe I am wrong.

No, they would not be consolidator tickets. Always read the fare terms and conditions though before purchasing.

I flew TAP from Rio to LHR last year as the BA flight was full on my travel date. Flight was only two thirds full, so had 2 seats to myself to sprawl out on the overnight flight. Everything was fine. Stewards were attentive and friendly (might have been because I was a solo using passenger assistance because of a disability - that can skew the service in either direction!).

Flight took off on time, landed a bit early. Didn't pay much attention to the entertainment

as I was trying to sleep. To be honest didn't notice much difference either way between them and BA.

Archived