Second City

Lml513

We thoroughly enjoyed "The Second City" on our recent cruise on the Gem. Do all the NCL ships have "Second City" troupes aboard? We are thinking about a cruise on the Pearl or the Jewel. If they do not have The Second City"' what entertainment do they have?

I know that second City was on the dawn. I too LOVE them. But it's odd--a lot of people don't. If you read entertainment reviews a lot of people comment that they are not funny etc. I do agree that their smaller shows (not main stage) are the best--because they do more improv and less scripted or canned stuff. They also gave a comedy workshop on the Dawn. Honestly, just to see them is almost worth going on the cruise for me--I love comedy and especially improv. I'm sure others will pipe in about what other ships they are on.

They were on the 10/23 sailing and were fantastic! On the last night of the cruise, right before The Quest, they had an adults only show that was hysterical.

We also did their Murder Mystery Lunch which was wonderful at well.

Stacey

We thoroughly enjoyed "The Second City" on our recent cruise on the Gem. Do all the NCL ships have "Second City" troupes aboard? We are thinking about a cruise on the Pearl or the Jewel. If they do not have The Second City"' what entertainment do they have?

I know that second City was on the dawn. I too LOVE them. But it's odd--a lot of people don't. If you read entertainment reviews a lot of people comment that they are not funny etc.

I also saw them on the Dawn - I thought they were hilarious.

Honestly, just to see them is almost worth going on the cruise for me--I love comedy and especially improv.

completely agree. and i went to EVERY. SINGLE. SHOW. including the murder mystery. loved it.

i'm interested to see the answer to this question as well, as i'm thinking of doing a cruise on the jewel in april.

Yes, they are on several other ships, including the Star, where they perform for 2 nights (1 night in the theater and 1 night in the Spinnaker lounge).

We will be on the Star in March, can you tell me what the charge was for the Presumed Murder luncheon?

Thanks for the replies. But I would still like to know specifically if they are on the Pearl or the Jewel. Thanks.

ESMBDS stated in her/his reply that on 10/23/11 that Second City did perform on their Pearl cruise. No one has commented on the Jewel specifically.

Archived