Platinum question (first time, so be gentle!)

beachbum6264

OK, my next Carnival cruise is in the works - will be cruising with a friend (she's a past guest, but not platinum yet). If we are in the same cabin, same booking number, will both our S&S cards be in the VIP area? Or just if we are on the same credit card?

Thanks.... searched but didn't find this exact question, so be nice :D

OK, my next Carnival cruise is in the works - will be cruising with a friend (she's a past guest, but not platinum yet). If we are in the same cabin, same booking number, will both our S&S cards be in the VIP area? Or just if we are on the same credit card?

No worries....this is a good question.

Your friend WILL check in VIP with you.

Her Sail and Sign card will be in the VIP office with yours.

My niece just sailed in my cabin on her first cruise (my 47th) and she got VIP Check In all the way with me.

That goes for anyone IN YOUR cabin. (now that does not apply to people in any cabins "linked" to yours unless they are your minor children OR their Sail and Sign card is secured by your credit card.

My Sail and Sign was on my credit card and she put cash on her account once she got on the ship... BUT she could have secured her account with a credit card when we checked in like I did.

If your friend is not platinum no one gets VIP boarding. Past guest board in the general boarding area. Or am I missing something here?

All in the same room go to VIP area. Her friend won't get a platinum card though. Her friend will still get gold card. Only VIP benefit her friend will get is check in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

If your friend is not platinum no one gets VIP boarding. Past guest board in the general boarding area. Or am I missing something here?

The cards will be at VIP asare the luggage tags and boarding pass. Her SS card will still be gold. It's the cabin that carries the status just like suites do.

I'll be platinum.. that's the 'first time' in the thread title. Guess it's not that clear, it was in my mind when I typed it... maybe the wine had something to do with that!!!

No worries....this is a good question.

Your friend WILL check in VIP with you.

Her Sail and Sign card will be in the VIP office with yours.

My niece just sailed in my cabin on her first cruise (my 47th) and she got VIP Check In all the way with me.

That goes for anyone IN YOUR cabin. (now that does not apply to people in any cabins "linked" to yours unless they are your minor children OR their Sail and Sign card is secured by your credit card.

My Sail and Sign was on my credit card and she put cash on her account once she got on the ship... BUT she could have secured her account with a credit card when we checked in like I did.

LHP, your sailing on Spirit same time I am. Have you joined our Moana Malihinis roll call? If not, come on and chime in. We have a huge group going.

I love that you got a ship on a stick, with a marble base. Way Kool.

Any guest IN the same cabin with a VIP member gets the VIP Check In.

(not linked....IN the same cabin) It doesn't matter if the room is a quad and the other THREE cabin mates are newbies...as long as at least ONE cabin mate is Platinum...they ALL get VIP

(caps for emphasis...not shouting)

Your question has already been answered so just let me say....... Congratulations on reaching platinum!....you'll love having the platinum card! :D

Archived