FLL air..earliest

pamelajs

It is doable if everything goes perfectly. However I would not take the chance. If you miss the flight, other flights may be full with cruise passengers trying to get home. You may have to wait until late in the evening or the next day to get another flight.

We never book a flight before 11:30-12:00... I know some will post that they have successfully made early flights but it is a chance you will take.

There can be, and have been, late arrivals into port..delays in clearing the ship for disembarkation..custom delays, etc.

With 7 ships dismbarking on weekends, FLL is very busy and choatic ... we have experienced 2 hours lines at check in and and hour at security.

You will have to self disembark, carrying your own luggage... but I would suggest you seriously consider a "Plan B" in case you do miss it. Besides the fact that you will be on standby for a later flight (and most are filled), consider the extra costs involved.

We just do not not wish to end a beautiful cruise stressing about that early a flight.

We were planning on taking our own luggage. I know what you mean about mishaps

One year we were coming back on a cruise and a child got hurt on the evening before and they had to divert to Grand Cayman. We didn't get in til about noon

I couldn't believe that some people were mad at the cruise line. It wasn't their fault.

Boy was that a mess luckily we were staying an extra day

What is the earliest that anyone has booked after a cruise. I am looking at a 10:15 flight is that too early???

The answer is no.

If someone tells you that you can make it there are people who go through red lights and will tell you not to worry.

Don't book such an early flight.

Keith

We easily caught a 10:50 flight. Were at the airport at 8:30. And I wasn't worried about it.

BUT.....I wouldn't book anything earlier. Even tho chances are really good, I don't want to face stress any earlier than need be, after being coddled for days.;)

We were booked on AA on Wed the 26th Oct. when the Crown Princess was the only ship in port. Flight departed at 10:10 am. We left ship at 820a were at the airport at 850a and through security at 920a. I dont believe we would have made it had it been on a Sat or Sun due to security at FLL. Line was long and slow. WE also had a porter help us with our luggage when we were off the ship which helped.

We had an 11:00 flight on Southwest on a Tuesday & we were off the ship & in a cab by 7:45. We were at the airport & through security by 8:15.

It was frustrating because there was a nonstop flight leaving at 9:00 that we could have made (I would never book that early though) but it was going to cost almost $200 to change to the earlier flight & the only other nonstop flight was late that night.

We had an 11:00 flight on Southwest on a Tuesday & we were off the ship & in a cab by 7:45. We were at the airport & through security by 8:15.

It was frustrating because there was a nonstop flight leaving at 9:00 that we could have made (I would never book that early though) but it was going to cost almost $200 to change to the earlier flight & the only other nonstop flight was late that night.

Always keep in mind that those earlier flight that are often cheaper are priced the way they are because of less demand then the later ones. This is because most people coming off a cruise would not take the chance of booking such an early flight.

It's just not worth the risk nor the stress.

Keith

We ONCE booked a 10:30 flight out of FLL. Everything went just perfectly, but believe me.. the stress is not worth it!! The last night on the ship was pretty much useless, since we were sooooo worried about getting up early, breakfast, and getting off the ship.. kinda killed that night !! Sit back, relax, enjoy the last night - and take a noon or later flight. But.. Yes - it can be done.

Always keep in mind that those earlier flight that are often cheaper are priced the way they are because of less demand then the later ones. This is because most people coming off a cruise would not take the chance of booking such an early flight.

It's just not worth the risk nor the stress.

Keith

The 9:00 flight was the same price as the 11:00 flight at the time of our booking. But to change flights we would have had to pay the difference in what we paid & the price it was that day.

That being said I would never have booked the 9:00 flight.

Archived