Question about Timing at Port of Bruges,Belgium

europe10

I have a question about timing at the Port of Bruges for those who visited with the Eclipse this summer. How long did it take you to get off the Eclipse when it docked at Bruges (Port of Zeebrugge)? We will visit next year and want to time the taxi to get us?

Thanks for your help.

I have a question about timing at the Port of Bruges for those who visited with the Eclipse this summer. How long did it take you to get off the Eclipse when it docked at Bruges (Port of Zeebrugge)? We will visit next year and want to time the taxi to get us?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

You should be able to get off the ship quickly. I believe that the ship docks around 7am. Bruges is around 16 kilometres from Zeebrugge and a taxi journey will take around 20-25 minutes. Most places will not open until after nine but if you wish to miss the crowds, wandering around Bruges and taking in the sights will be great if you arrive early. Bruges can get very busy around the Markt & Burg.

Enjoy Bruges - a great place to visit.

Jim

I don't know if they have market every day, but hope you get to see it. Fantastic array of groceries and flowers. Wish we had something even half as nice close to home.

Be sure to have lunch and a beer in the Old Town square, the menus are posted outside. Belgium has more beers than Germany (Wish I would get that question on trivia!) and all I was able to sample in three days were excellent.

In cotrast to the previous poster, I can not recommend you to eat/drink on the Grote Markt (main square) in Brugge.

Most of them are mediocre in quality and are more expensive than comparable places in side streets and other squares.

Taxi's in Belgium are very expensive. I would personally take the train to Brugge. You will find information regarding shuttle busses to the nearest station from the ship when onboard.

Best regards from Belgium,

Despegue

ps. We ARE the top beermakers in the World:)

I agree, the tourist cafes in the main square do not have very good food and are very expensive! Find a quiet cafe in a side street and you will be better off. We lived in Brussels for 3 years, and Brugge was a favourite place to take visitors, and even just a day trip by myself to roam around exploring. Such a pretty town. Have a lovely time!

We were in Bruges in Sept. We booked a van for 8 of us at a fixed price, sorry can't remember, but it was reasonable, we met up on the Roll Call, & were met at the pier, delivered to the main square in Bruges where we were picked up for the return trip at the time arranged. I advise doing this.

Taxi to Bruges costs 90 euros return. I have been to Bruges in December for the Christmas markets and each time have gone by taxi as my friend has problems walking and the train station is some distance away. Have not been to Bruges on Eclipse but on P&O they offer a shuttle bus to Blankenburg where you catch the train to Bruges. Even if you go on an organised trip there is normally quite a walk from where the buses can park and the actual square. The taxi option is the only way to be dropped off without a walk. Hope this helps.

Archived