Is it agreed no suite guests should bring "guest's" in Courtyard, Cagneys.

Rahi

didnt ncl change the policy that each suite guest can bring x number of visitors into cagneys for a fee?

IIRC, on the Epic only, you are now allowed to being a limited number of guests to dinner (only) in the Epic Club, for a charge of $25 (?) per person. No one is allowed to bring guests to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch on any other ship, or for breakfast and lunch to the Epic Club on the Epic. The Epic is the only ship that has a private dinner venue. (If I have any details wrong, someone please correct me.)

didnt ncl change the policy that each suite guest can bring x number of visitors into cagneys for a fee?

i hope not.whats the point of getting a suite when you make the benefits available to others who choose a cabin without these extras.

i hope not.whats the point of getting a suite when you make the benefits available to others who choose a cabin without these extras.

We have been in a non suite on the Pearl and got all the same perks (except larger cabin) as the suite guests. Hotel director put us on the list. I guess that counts differently but it does add to the numbers in the suite only areas.

We have been in a non suite on the Pearl and got all the same perks (except larger cabin) as the suite guests. Hotel director put us on the list. I guess that counts differently but it does add to the numbers in the suite only areas.

Interesting that when looking at your past cruises out of your 12 cruises since 1990 your scoring 6 NCL and 6 CCL. Must have taken some good a$$ kissing to get a hotel director to put you on the vip list.

Or is it because your close to 5000 posts on CC since 2009. Wow I'm impressed.

Thats normal the director has the ability to give vip staus to a few ,and thats the thing its a few.But if all suite guests can bring people it would double the amount of people in the small areas put aside.Please dont think im looking down on others im a balcony cruiser and only get suites on the off seasons.

I agree about not going into Cagney's, but what do y'all think about using the pool? On the Epic I was not in a suite, but i made friends with suite pax and we went to the pool there one day. It was only about 30 minutes and it was not crowded at all. I don't believe we were intruding on others. I knew better than to be a chair hog thanks to CC, so we just put our stuff on the side. That was the only time we used to pool. Other than that we were in their rooms. We also used the sun deck at the very top late at night (talking, obviously not sunning) and we were the only ones up there. I just wanted to know if by using the pool with them I was in the wrong.

I agree about not going into Cagney's, but what do y'all think about using the pool? On the Epic I was not in a suite, but i made friends with suite pax and we went to the pool there one day. It was only about 30 minutes and it was not crowded at all. I don't believe we were intruding on others. I knew better than to be a chair hog thanks to CC, so we just put our stuff on the side. That was the only time we used to pool. Other than that we were in their rooms. We also used the sun deck at the very top late at night (talking, obviously not sunning) and we were the only ones up there. I just wanted to know if by using the pool with them I was in the wrong.

Since you asked. I would not have used the suite pool if I was not in a suite. And if I was the one in the suite I would not invite any non suite guests. I have been in both of these situations, except suite was on Sun, no Haven. When we went up to our friends villa on the Jewel (we were in an outside) they explained to us out of respect for other suite guests their entertaining us could only be limited to their private quarters.

Nathan, I remember your review and, as such, I remember your age. To answer your question, no I would have never used the Haven on the request of a suite guest, especially since the suite guest who asked you was in her teens too.

With age and experience you will understand this remark.

You asked, I responded. Sorry.

Interesting that when looking at your past cruises out of your 12 cruises since 1990 your scoring 6 NCL and 6 CCL. Must have taken some good a$$ kissing to get a hotel director to put you on the vip list.

Or is it because your close to 5000 posts on CC since 2009. Wow I'm impressed.

Then you should be really impressed that we were on the VIP list on our 3rd NCL cruise and this only my 25th post. (no kissing required :rolleyes:)

I have no objection to people being put on a VIP list for whatever reason. What bothers me are the people who think they can bring their non-suite guests to whatever. These people are the equivilant of chair hogs or those who save seats in the showroom. If you want to play, PAY!

Its not about agreeing or disagreeing. The policy is no. End of.

I agree that it's not about agreeing. I disagree that the policy is no.

The policy is yes. For $25, on the EPIC only.

Hope you all agree. It just seems to get more , and more crowded.

Not sure what the question or issue is here.

Did you have have a "crowded" issue?

Was it a problem?

Do you think posting it here will fix the problem, if there is one?

Based on discussions from most people on this board, it is never crowded. And in fact, it is usually empty.

I agree that it's not about agreeing. I disagree that the policy is no.

The policy is yes. For $25, on the EPIC only.

But on Epic it's $25 each, maximum of four people, maximum of twice during a cruise, and the $25 only includes dinner in the special restaurant (plus allowing them to have drinks in the lounge). It does not include the Haven or the other suite areas and it's not an unlimited time frame.

There is no suite restaurant for dinner on any other NCL ship. On other ships, the special restaurant is Cagney's (or equivalent) for breakfast and lunch for suites. I do not think it would be a good idea to extend the same deal there. There are 46-48 suites with Cagney's breakfast and lunch benefits. The venue can be crowded as it is. Adding the possibility of 350+ passengers over the cruise might seem tiny, but when you factor in all the suite passengers it starts to really add up.

Of course, that's just my opinion. NCL will do whatever they feel is in their best interest. I suspect that might be to keep the breakfast and lunch exclusive because it is one of the top perks many or maybe most suite passengers enjoy.

beachchick

You are absolutely correct, beachchick. It is the #1 reason I look to NCL first when making my cruise choice. If the Cagney's perk became diminished I might be likely to jump ship, so to speak.

NCL seems to have a core group of suite pax who love their product. And it seems to be growing and thriving. I have read here many times how pax try a suite once and say they can't imagine not doing so on future cruises. I can't see NCL messing with this niche too much.

But on Epic it's $25 each, maximum of four people, maximum of twice during a cruise, and the $25 only includes dinner in the special restaurant (plus allowing them to have drinks in the lounge). It does not include the Haven or the other suite areas and it's not an unlimited time frame.

There is no suite restaurant for dinner on any other NCL ship. On other ships, the special restaurant is Cagney's (or equivalent) for breakfast and lunch for suites. I do not think it would be a good idea to extend the same deal there. There are 46-48 suites with Cagney's breakfast and lunch benefits. The venue can be crowded as it is. Adding the possibility of 350+ passengers over the cruise might seem tiny, but when you factor in all the suite passengers it starts to really add up.

Of course, that's just my opinion. NCL will do whatever they feel is in their best interest. I suspect that might be to keep the breakfast and lunch exclusive because it is one of the top perks many or maybe most suite passengers enjoy.

beachchick

according to our concierge, no one is permitted in the Haven section unless they are a guest there. she said that is to promote the quieter atmosphere, that we are paying for. I have 2 teenage girls who I am sure form past experience be making many friends at the teen club and would have loved to invite a few to the Haven with them to relax by the pool. not sure about cagneys...

If you have two people in a suite and one does not want to go to breakfast one day at Cagney's can you bring a guest as a substitute, where the number will not increase in any way? I have never done this, but we are taking several family member with us on our next cruise and my wife never likes to get up before 12 on sea days.

Archived