Question on Internet

BobT172

Wife and I are elite and thus enjoy the free minutes at the Internet Cafe.

On our upcoming crusie in February, I may bring my laptop with me. Is there an additional charge for using it wireless from my cabin??

On our upcoming crusie in February, I may bring my laptop with me. Is there an additional charge for using it wireless from my cabin??

Hi,we always bring our laptop and use it and there is no additional charge. I also use windows mail and log on get my new messages and then log off. I then go through my mail and write my responses and then log on and send the responses. This uses very little time. I have never come even close to using my minutes. My wife uses my excess minutes to browse the internet.

I have also found that on several ocassions people were having problems with the ships system and I was not having problems with my laptop. I hope this helps.

On our upcoming cruise in February, I may bring my laptop with me. Is there an additional charge for using it wireless from my cabin??

There is no additional charge. We bring our 11" laptop with us each cruise now. It is so much more convenient. However, they may tell you that not all cabins have wifi access - but if you can detect the Princess system from your cabin you are good.

The logout is http://1.1.1.1 I suggest you program it into your browser

As said above you can use the laptop instead of their terminals. It is also free but it is CRUCIAL you sign out when done. If you don't log off your connection on the minutes will wind down.

The system will automatically log you off after 2 minutes, you will not lose all your minutes if you don't use the 1.1.1.1

On a previous post someone stated that we could send an e-mail post card Via Princess Web page for free. Does anyone know anything about this. Of course the message would need to be short and sweet. I just keep in touch with my husband telling him we are having a great time.

Julie

On a previous post someone stated that we could send an e-mail post card Via Princess Web page for free. Does anyone know anything about this. Of course the message would need to be short and sweet. I just keep in touch with my husband telling him we are having a great time.

Julie

When you get to the Internet log on screen there is an area on the right side with links to several free sites, first of which is Princess.com. Underneath are several other free sites, one of which says: send a free ecard. It works as I have just used it on my last cruise. Great way to send a quick and free note!

Thank you Ange that it what I was looking for. I will copy these on my cruise notes. I just hope it is not difficult to find.

The 75 cent per minute with a 3.95 activating fee is good. However the systems is so slow that I used up over 20.00 just to say to my husband all is well, I miss him and the dogs but still having a wonderful time. This is going to be just great. Then I can keep my money for shopping.

Thank you Ange that it what I was looking for. I will copy these on my cruise notes. I just hope it is not difficult to find.

The 75 cent per minute with a 3.95 activating fee is good. However the systems is so slow that I used up over 20.00 just to say to my husband all is well' date=' I miss him and the dogs but still having a wonderful time. [/color']This is going to be just great. Then I can keep my money for shopping.

Note that this free facility allows you to send, but not receive emails.

This is interesting....made it all the way to elite and never used a laptop in all those cruises....that's not real common. Usually by time you're elite, I'd like to think that most cruisers would have used a laptop or knew what the details are using one onboard....but obviously not.....oh well

well......you got the scoop now. Having a laptop is a blessing. Being able to read and compose offline is a great. I use several browsers.....I will pull up the emails I need to read and reply to in seperate browers. I open them, then hit reply and then sign off. Now you can not only read what people said, but you're also able to type your reply in the email. Sign back in.....send'em all in a matter of seconds and you've done.

Archived