Snorkeling in Ocho Rios?

Luv2Crui$e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I think this is not a snorkeling port. However, if you want to see sea creatures, Dolphin cove is a lot of fun to swim with the fins.

It might be fun for us, but it's harmful to dolphins. They have been taken forcefully from their friends and family and made to spend the rest of their lives in a lagoon. This is not like keeping a fish in an aquarium. Dolphins are highly intelligent and social creatures. Depriving them of their freedom--no matter how good the living conditions may seem to be--is inherently cruel.

If I offered to put you up in a mansion, feed you every day, and provide you with companions of my choice, but you could never ever leave, would you think that was a good deal?

There are many ways to have a good time in Jamaica that don't harm these creatures that we all claim to love so much.

Kids Speak Out Against Dolphin Captivity

This guy actually participated in a dolphin swim in Negril.

Cheers,

Brian

It might be fun for us, but it's harmful to dolphins. They have been taken forcefully from their friends and family and made to spend the rest of their lives in a lagoon. This is not like keeping a fish in an aquarium. Dolphins are highly intelligent and social creatures. Depriving them of their freedom--no matter how good the living conditions may seem to be--is inherently cruel.

If I offered to put you up in a mansion, feed you every day, and provide you with companions of my choice, but you could never ever leave, would you think that was a good deal?

There are many ways to have a good time in Jamaica that don't harm these creatures that we all claim to love so much.

Kids Speak Out Against Dolphin Captivity

This guy actually participated in a dolphin swim in Negril.

Cheers,

Brian

Everyone entitled to their own opinion. I do not agree with yours, as I am not a die hard animal activist, but I will fight to and agrue to protect your right to say what you say.

In any event, Dolphin Cove really is a great and fund place, whether you do the Dolphin encounter or not. Nice beach, great nature walk, etc.

Archived