Tub on JS

kathyemma

I have my mother booked in a JS on FOS. However, I am wondering if the step over the tub into the shower might be too much for her. I have never been in a JS. I keep hearing wonderful things about the tub. (Which is strange cuz I could never take a bath in a hotel or on a ship - for some reason creeps me out.) But anyways, is the tub like a standard tub at home? Or is it higher/lower? Don't know when the last time was my Mom had to step over a tub. At home she has a walk in shower. And in the past when traveling she always stayed in HA rooms since my Dad was in a wheel chair.

TIA

Kathy

Well, it depends. I have an 82 year old sister who has stayed in a JS before and she has no problem with the step. She is very mobile and has no difficulties with lifting her legs.

Wish I could tell you more but I don't know how high the step is.

We always book a cabin with a tub, she could always sit on the side and swing her legs into the tub, this might help and she might feel safer if it seems to high to step into:) We are in our 70's.

Thanks for the info and pictures. I think I will let her make the call. She is in the JS with my dd. My dh and I are 2 doors down in a D1. If she thinks she would be okay with the step she can keep that room, if not, we can switch.

Kath

Archived