How early can your departure flight out of MIA be?

sd63

Sometimes you will be fine. I would not do it. I would schedule for after 12. I think the cruise lines recommend after 11:30.

Remember you have to check in early to be sure that the airline does not give your seat away. Also you probably want to avoid any checked bags either getting off the ship or for your flight. The last time I was at MIA the lines was over one hour long to check a bag. Then another 45 minutes for security.

If we booked a 10:15am Saturday departure fight out of Miami after our cruise would we be able to make it? What time would we be able to get to the airport? Thanks

From Carnival FAQ's http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-544915

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Miami; 12:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

Considering the airlines ask you to be checked in 1 1/2 to 2 hrs prior to flight you would need to be off the ship and at the airport by 8:15am.

If we booked a 10:15am Saturday departure fight out of Miami after our cruise would we be able to make it? What time would we be able to get to the airport? Thanks

yuck- I would not.

you would need to check your luggage in before 9:15am (one minute and too bad)

you could try for stand by.- carry off all your luggage with self assist- (needing no help- no porters are available to you)

get off the ship- through immigrations/customs- grab a cab.

You just had a wonderful relaxing vacation- why ruin it with the stress of making that flight

I wouldn't take a chance on a flight that early either. There's so much that could go wrong. Security lines can be very long when several ships are in town, which happens often in Miami. If the ship is late debarking for any reason you could be SOL. If it were me I would take a later flight. Nancy

The earliest I book is 11AM, and that's only because I have just one carry on bag and can debark the ship in the carryoff line or as a group one VIP. I also have gold checkin with my airline to "speed" me through the security line at the airport.

Archived