Question about moving post?

scoobiecruiser

I would like to know what's the deal about them moving the posts? I get on here to look at my post with my questions to see how many people have viewed my questuions and I see that it says Moved? So how am I to know how many people have viewed my post. I guess I'm to dumb to understand how cruise critics works?Would someone out there help me please?:confused:

Mods move threads that are better off in boards that fit the topic. If you ask a port question (best beach in belize) on a cruise line board (Princess) it goes to that ports board.

Putting a question on the Princess board about something specific to Princess should be fine.

I would like to know what's the deal about them moving the posts? I get on here to look at my post with my questions to see how many people have viewed my questuions and I see that it says Moved? So how am I to know how many people have viewed my post. I guess I'm to dumb to understand how cruise critics works?Would someone out there help me please?:confused:

I had the same questions when I began participating in CC so you're not alone. :p

If you can view it on the Princess board, click on it to see where it's been moved & to view other posts. The moderators will move things to a more appropriate forum in their opinion & generally do a good job at it.

I don't know the subject of your moved posts but here's an example. Someone asks about tours in a particular location & it's moved to that port of call's location.

Hope this helps you...it took me awhile to figure this out myself. :)

• Administrators

Hi! If you click on the link to the post where it says "moved" it will take you to the forum where your post now appears. You can see how many "views" it has there, along with any replies that have been posted.

Usually posts are moved from this Princess-specific folder to a more appropriate one such as West Coast Departures (Seattle hotels), Florida Departures (Miami or Fort Lauderdale hotels), or a ports of call board (such as Alaska, Cozumel, etc.). This is a very large message board, and in most cases posting in one of the more specific folders results in more input from more posters.

Hope that helps, and any time you have questions about how our boards work we have a forum for questions at this link --

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

PS Thanks, all, for explaining while I was typing! :)

Archived