Embarking St. Thomas

rickandpat

Hi:

Just got our documents (woohoo!) for our Dec. 10th. cruise, and wondered about embarkation. We'll be flying into St. Thomas around 3 (couldn't get off Friday, so we're braving the Sat. crowds - worse case scenario is we'll catch up with SeaDream on St. John). The docs say the yacht can be at either Crown Bay or West Indian Company, and in the morning all the taxi drivers know which one it is. Is that true? How much would the taxi run, ballpark? They also mention we could get a transfer from Caribbean Tour Services, are they reliable and well-priced?

Last question, we sign up for the diving and Baths tour when we get onboard, I believe. Will we have trouble getting what we want if we don't get to the ship until 5? I'm trying not to give it a thought, but I would like to go on that one tour.

St. Thomas is an easy port to embark. Usually the ship is at Crown Bay, which is about 10 minutes from the airport and the cab ride is $8 for two people plus $2 for each piece of luggage. If it is at Havensight (WICO) the cab ride is about 20 minutes and is $12 plus the luggage fee. Cabs are plentiful at the airport.

You can book on board. The Baths is not a problem they can pretty much take as many people as want to go. Diving may be another issue because if there are not enough people signed up the tour will not go. IMO your biggest issue with the diving will be too few people signed up, instead of too many.

Have a great time! We get on board the 23rd!

Archived