Massage on Alaskan Cruise

Gemnohamcm

Cruising Vancouver to Seward in late August and will be booking a massage. I am considering a 7:15 p.m. massage the night we leave Vancouver. We have late dining (8:30 p.m.) so I'm not concerned about running late for dinner.

However, I'm wondering if I might miss anything on the cruise at that point (view wise). Would there be a better time to schedule the massage during the week-long trip?

Thanks!

Meg

There is so much good scenery in Alaska if you only step inside for a moment you will miss something.

But the timing for your massage...is it a 60 minute massage? If so, you will probalby be late for dinner. Many times they keep you waiting beyond your appointment time and you will have to get dressed, get back to the cabin and probably shower before you put on clean clothes.

If it were me, I'd order room service after the massage so I wouldn't have to rush back to the cabin, take a shower and rush off to dinner. After a massage all I want to do is lay around and relax.

Sea days are the best for massages, but the times go quickly, book early if you select a sea day.

:eek: Damm I must have missed alot having been inside for so much

There is so much good scenery in Alaska if you only step inside for a moment you will miss something.

On a serious note beauty is everywhere and all the time. Will you possibly miss something, yes, but will it be so important you can't eat, step inside, sleep, enjoy a show etc. hopefully not.

Times to not miss; scenic cruising at the close points to glaciers, at the narrowest point during inside passage. And even during those few moments the crowds will be crazy at the beginning than quckly thin out. Actually maybe the best time to relax inside than step outside after missing the crowds.

Archived