Thanks for the Sebago recommendation

waterbugohio

Just wanted to thank whoever on this board suggested that we look at Sebago for our recent trip to Key West.

I posted a thread a couple months ago asking the difference in some of the tour companies. At that time I had not even heard of Sebago. Somewhere here gave me the name and after searching several "advisor" boards and these boards, I decided this company was the one for me.

If you are wanting a company that goes the extra step. Please check them out. We did the sunset cruise last thursday night followed by the all day tour last Friday. Had a beautiful sunset. Friday was a great day filled with good food, parasailing, jet ski's, tubing, snorkeling and then drinks. All top notch.

And the best part was we were not packed on the boat like several of the other companies.

Any questions, feel free to ask

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to thank whoever on this board suggested that we look at Sebago for our recent trip to Key West.

I posted a thread a couple months ago asking the difference in some of the tour companies. At that time I had not even heard of Sebago. Somewhere here gave me the name and after searching several "advisor" boards and these boards, I decided this company was the one for me.

If you are wanting a company that goes the extra step. Please check them out. We did the sunset cruise last thursday night followed by the all day tour last Friday. Had a beautiful sunset. Friday was a great day filled with good food, parasailing, jet ski's, tubing, snorkeling and then drinks. All top notch.

And the best part was we were not packed on the boat like several of the other companies.

Any questions, feel free to ask

Hi, nice to hear that this is so good to book with and we did it too.

How big is the ship? and how many people it can hold? how long will it take on the sailing out and back? for jet ski and parasailing, do you have chance to take it twice after everyone is done their turn? what did you see when you snorkeling? how many sites they will go for snorkeling?

we are so excited to be there soon. thank you for taking your time。

Hi, nice to hear that this is so good to book with and we did it too.

How big is the ship? and how many people it can hold? how long will it take on the sailing out and back? for jet ski and parasailing, do you have chance to take it twice after everyone is done their turn? what did you see when you snorkeling? how many sites they will go for snorkeling?

we are so excited to be there soon. thank you for taking your time。

tobecool,

Not good at judging how bid the catamaran actually is, but it was not near full. I think she told me that this time of the year they normally sail with only 20-30 people and that is what we had on both the sunset and the adventure

Also don't know for sure how long it took to sail out. When you leave the dock you eat breakfast. WONDERFUL chocolate covered strawberries along with other egg dishes and rolls. Then they have you come up on the front of the boat and do a snorkeling lesson. And they also talk about what they are doing all day. The beauty of the ocean and the time goes fast.

Snorkeling was ok, we have seen better, but there were alot of fish. You just stop at one area. There was quite a few jellyfish in the area, so you need to kinda watch out for them.

Jet skiing: The day we were there, there were three jet ski's. They ask you to limit your time the first time out. Again the limited number of people on the boat gives you plenty of time to do it a second and third time. They day we did it, the jet ski's were only used about half the time. I took them out several times.

They did a great job with controlling the drinking vs. operating the jet skis. When boarding the boat they ask if you are interested in jet skiing. When replying yes, you get a certain color arm band. You also get an arm band for being "of age" to drink. When they open the bar (after snorkeling) if you go up for a drink, your "jet ski" arm band is automatically torn off.

If you are like me and don't care if you drink much or at all, you can keep going out on the jet skis.

Parasailing: the divide you into groups of 10 people. You go out on the boat with your group and then parasail tandem. I am thinking you are maybe up about 10 min. They did a great job. I did ask if we could go a second time and was told that extra times had to be scheduled after the end of the day for an extra fee (I guess that is understandable)

Great company and great time.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Also check them out on facebook and look at the many photos

Sebago tries to limit their Power Adventure to 60 people, and the Island T'Ing to 40. If the Island Adventure has 20 or fewer people they will go out on the smaller catamaran, the Pelican, and this is close to having a private charter. Up to 40 they take you out on the Sebago Cubed.

The ability to do things more than once is always dependant on how many people are on the trip.

Pjk

I asked about the size of the boat and how long it will take to sail out because one of my friends is sea-sick, she is wondering if she can go with us. to my understanding, the bigger ship, the better for sea-sick guys, and if the sailing time is not that long, it'll help. anyway, i'll let her think of it by herself, no push no rush for the vacation.

I asked about the size of the boat and how long it will take to sail out because one of my friends is sea-sick, she is wondering if she can go with us. to my understanding, the bigger ship, the better for sea-sick guys, and if the sailing time is not that long, it'll help. anyway, i'll let her think of it by herself, no push no rush for the vacation.

While the time went really quick, if I remember right it was about an half hour ride. I think they told us it was either 7 or 8 miles. I just remember because you could see the spot on water where they said we were going to stop. Was amazed that you could see that far out.

It was a fairly windy day when we went and yet I didn't think the ride was bad at all. But then I have never gotten see-sick, so that is easy for me to say

The bigger cats, Fury and Sebago tend to be very stable, more so than the single-hulled ships. It's approx 7 miles to the reef and takes about 50 minutes to get there depending on whether there is enough wind to sail or if they only use a motor. And crew members usually carry a little ginger root in their seabags for sea-sickness.

Pjk

As the others said, the big catamarans are very stable. Plus, you sail over mostly 20-30 ft depths, inside a reef line, so it never really gets that rough.

Archived