Where do you stay in Miami?

familycruzinnewbie

We'd stayed at Holiday Inn (POM) on Biscayne Blvd in 2009. It's OK for one or two nights. It's located across from Bayside Market (Mall). If You want to spend more $, many poeple recommend InterContinental in downtown Miami (not too far from Holiday Inn).

I always use priceline for Miami. Have wound up at the Downtown Miami Hyatt Regency more than once this way. Learn how to use priceline before you bid, so you actually do get a very good deal. I generally pay about 85-90 per room, per night this way.

LaQuinta is good for just a night or 2. They offer free shuttle to the POM and also free parking for 7 days if u need to leave your car there. We booked Easter weekend - 4 adults with 2 queen beds for $135.00. Not to bad considering parking at POM is $20 a day.

We'd stayed at Holiday Inn (POM) on Biscayne Blvd in 2009. It's OK for one or two nights. It's located across from Bayside Market (Mall). If You want to spend more $, many poeple recommend InterContinental in downtown Miami (not too far from Holiday Inn).

I've stayed at Intercontinental the last 2 Septembers and it was cheaper than the Holiday Inn which gets mixed reviews.

If you are looking for a hotel during the winter months the IC is not very cheap though.

Bill

I had been using Priceline to get three rooms in downtown Miami in February and hadn't had any luck getting anything with bids up to $120. I tried another website and got a boutique hotel in South Beach for $100 plus tax. Haven't been there yet, but the location can't be beat.

LaQuinta is good for just a night or 2. They offer free shuttle to the POM and also free parking for 7 days if u need to leave your car there. We booked Easter weekend - 4 adults with 2 queen beds for $135.00. Not to bad considering parking at POM is $20 a day.

We stay at Laquinta East

3501 Northwest Le Jeune Rd

Miami, FL 33142

It is good for ease from airport to hotel to port. Bennigans close by for eating out-not really close to much elese but works for us and our friends flying in. We see alot of people driving there also, to save on parking costs.

Great rate and free breakfast. $135.00.

My dh loves staying at Embassy Suites but isn't too crazy about being near the airport. Is that the one you stay at? If so is there anything around the hotel to pick up cruise essentials? We pack lighter and grab sunscreen, water, soda wine once we get there.

Miami is the one port I cringe when we choose a cruise. We stay two nights prior to the cruise so we're looking at something more than the Holiday Inn (been there done that twice). Intercontinental is a nice one night stay but has no relaxing atmosphere.

Last time we stayed at downtown Hilton. We either got it from that travel site where you name your own price or the other one, the one that is hot. lol. We paid about 90-100 when we went and it was president's day weekend which was kind of peak. Other times it might have been cheaper. I agree with a previous poster who said if you are going to use the hot site or the one where you name your own price you need to know what you are doing. I will give you a hint, google the phrase better bidding and see what it comes up with. That should help.

My dh loves staying at Embassy Suites but isn't too crazy about being near the airport. Is that the one you stay at? If so is there anything around the hotel to pick up cruise essentials? We pack lighter and grab sunscreen, water, soda wine once we get there.

Miami is the one port I cringe when we choose a cruise. We stay two nights prior to the cruise so we're looking at something more than the Holiday Inn (been there done that twice). Intercontinental is a nice one night stay but has no relaxing atmosphere.

They do have a shuttle that is real easy to use and will take you any where you want for free.

I've been to the Florida Departures board as well. Just wondering where people here stay for the night or two before the cruise.

I go to the web site that Captain Kirk (William Shattner) advertises for and bid $75 for a 4 star hotel and we get the Hyatt Regency downtown Miami. In fact, we have done this twice and got the Hyatt both times. If you have a car, parking is $20 per night which gives you a total charge of $95 plus tax.

We stay at Laquinta East

3501 Northwest Le Jeune Rd

Miami, FL 33142

It is good for ease from airport to hotel to port. Bennigans close by for eating out-not really close to much elese but works for us and our friends flying in. We see alot of people driving there also, to save on parking costs.

Do they have a park and cruise rate where you leave your car in a fenced in secure lot for the week and they shuttle you to the POM?

Staying at the La Quinta Inn. Unless we find a better one through Priceline. It has shuttle to the airport but we have a rental car so that will not be needed. It does offer breakfast included. That will work since there is five of us sailing on this cruise.

There are lots of great spots. If we are just flying in and staying a night before the cruise, we always stay at Embassy Suites near the airport. Free shuttle from the airport, $10pp shuttle to POM, great free breakfast, free cocktails for a couple hours in the evening, great larger rooms, nice staff.

If we are staying more than 1 night before we cruise we usually go to the Beach. We've stayed at Sagamore, Surfcomber, 4 Points. It's a great area on Collins with easy access to the beach and Lincoln Rd and all the shops/bars/restaurants.

If we are staying after the cruise, or in between cruises, we always stay at the Intercontinental downtown, as it is so convenient to the port, Bayside in right next door, it's a lovely hotel with great pool, and you can watch the ships come and go from POM.

We won't have a car, but really don't want to stay out near the airport. We arrive April 26 and won't need a car (unless there's a hockey game that night that we have to see). The beach would be night - are the places above (Surfcomber etc) in Miami Beach? How about South Beach - where would you stay there and is transportation easy/affordable? Forchunut1 which hotel came up for you on your booking site. We will have our kids (9 and 12) with us. I have used the "hot" booking site before as it allow you to enter 4 per room. I'm the type that wants a $200 type room but with a $100 pricetag. We want a pool and would be willing to pay a few $ more if breakfast was included, and it's my bday trip, so I do want it to be nice.

That's what bothers me about bidding for hotel rooms. You get a decent rate but I've had it where its $20 to park, $12.95 for internet, $8.95 each for breakfast, etc. it starts to become less and less of a deal.

Most hotels in Miami charge for parking, it has nothing to do with the bidding process. If you were to just pop in the Hyatt, it would cost $200 per night plus the $20 parking.

Archived