Steam Irons

babymaxie

I know that regular irons are allowed on RCCL, but are those steamers that steam our wrinkles allowed? There is no metal on the bottom of this. I just purchased a really nice one and would like to take it on my cruise next month.

I have a travel steamer that has gone on many a cruise without issue. It's a Phillips/Norelco fabric steamer which doesn't really look like one... it's only about 1/2" thick and rectangular shaped. Has been on cruises to Alaska, Bahamas, Hawaii, Eastern & Western Caribbean, Trans Atlantic and the Greek Islands... just gets shared around the neighbourhood lol

On the allure this past September without an issue. As it stands we never used it and was a waste of suitcase space. We used the downy wrinkle release on a few items and that worked great.

Had thjought about this but have never used it. May get it for upcoming cruise. Thanks for reminding me about it....

RCI do not allow any kind of iron on board and I would think that the steamer would emit too much steam and set off the smoke alarm! Shame really.

Irons are on the list of prohibited items; steamers are not on the list. You can look on the RC website.

I have taken my steamer on many cruises and never had a problem.

Took mine on Mariner in October. Not a problem. I left it out in the bathroom after using it and there was never any comments on it. It was very useful when you are travelling for 3 weeks and have a limited luggage allowance.

Archived