Carnival can do it -- RC Can't ?????

Bigtex1622

There is a lot of hoopla on TV this morning,

All about the new Carnival Magic here in Galveston.

Making not only all year cruising, but a Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

I know why Royal does not want to do a cruise during the summer,

hurricanes can be a pain, and cause so much hassle.

But why do I have to fly to Florida,

stay in a Hotel, both before and after the cruise.

Just to do the Eastern, done the Western, this might be my last time.

Well.. unless we get a bigger ship here in Texas.

Carnival ruined any chance the rest of the family will try them again.

Buy why can't Royal do a Eastern???

:rolleyes:

There is a lot of hoopla on TV this morning,

All about the new Carnival Magic here in Galveston.

Making not only all year cruising, but a Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

I know why Royal does not want to do a cruise during the summer,

hurricanes can be a pain, and cause so much hassle.

But why do I have to fly to Florida,

stay in a Hotel, both before and after the cruise.

Just to do the Eastern, done the Western, this might be my last time.

Well.. unless we get a bigger ship here in Texas.

Carnival ruined any chance the rest of the family will try them again.

Buy why can't Royal do a Eastern???

:rolleyes:

Even the complaining is big in Texas, eh? Dude, chill, have you noticed how many people do not happen to live with driving range of a port? Consider yourself lucky that you have a few options, and can get discounts because of your state of residence.

How dare RCCL not meet your needs? Forget the rest of us who have to fly to ANY port to go on ANY itinerary.

DITTO and takes at least a whole day to get there, better fly in a day early just incase the "weatherman" throws a snowstorm at you, or your plane decides to be delayed!!:eek:

Actually, I don't like the eastern Caribbean. I vastly prefer the western. It is also a long sail from Galveston to get to where ships have only a short hop from Florida. I would like to see some scattered sailing down further south in the Caribbean such as Costa Rica and Columbia or even the A B C island. Don't have to do many but a few in the mix would sell nicely out of Galveston.

I would like more choices of western ports that is true, but it is good to have ANY RCI ship each year. I will not grumble. Wait until Cuba opens up, we will see some of those old ports in the west change quickly. I would like to see some scattered sailing down further south in the Caribbean such as Costa Rica and Columbia or even the A B C island. Don't have to do many but a few in the mix would sell nicely out of Galveston.

I dont know why they cant offer the eastern itinerary either but at least you have the western. I cant see anything wrong with alternateing between the 2 itineraries. Im not bashing anyone im just also wondering 'why?' ( I have no desire to fly to texas to take a cruise though) maybe that will all change in years to come.

It would be very nice to have more southern caribbean itineraries leaving out of florida too, its always nice to have more choices isnt it?

Anyone who lives within driving distance to port is damb lucky, but that doesnt mean they cant want for more, after all isnt royals motto 'why not?' well then why not go to the eastern caribbean from texas! someone pointed out that the eastern ports are too far away but I think alternateing a 9nt eastern with a 5 night western would be a good idea. Agree also that having a ship on the west coast again would be nice.

San juan is nice but Id love it if RC had a ship departing from Barbados, im sure RC know what works best for them and im not complaining about the current choices avaliable but it would be nice to combine being on a RC ship with a stay in an all inclusive resort, that would be my dream vacation.

Good point. No. If you are coming from the North, we are Gulf of Mexico. If from the South, Atlantic Ocean - Straits of Florida. We are about 300 miles from the Caribbean Sea.

Seems like false advertising..... :rolleyes:

Archived