When will they have my cabin assigned if I did a guarantee?

kas1234_97

It could be you won't know until you get to the dock. That has happened to us with a guaranteed cabin. It also may be assigned but they just haven't sent you the information.

Have you been to the cruise line web site with your booking number? If a cabin is assigned for your booking number it should show there. If it isn't there then you probably will end up waiting until you get to the dock.

Have a great first cruise.

Serene56-

I am not sure what you mean when you ask if I booked after Final payment was due? I am leaving 4/16 and I booked somewhere around 2/14? Does that help? I appreciate all of your help!!

FamilyCruzer-

Thanks for your response!!!

I find that people who booked at final payment--- usually 70 days before the ship sails dont get assignments until 3 days before the cruise. You find out when you get to the pier - did you get documents yet? When you booked you had to have the whole payment before they took your booking. that is what happens when you book at final payment.

I signed up for a guaranteed cabin for my 4/16 cruise (FIRST ONE EVER!!). I would have thought it would have been assigned already. any suggestions on when? do I have to wait until I get to the boat to find out? Thanks.

From my expierence, when you book a guaranteed or better, you are not given your cabin until board the ship. Well, until you "check in"

I did a gtty room and did not get upgraded BUT my TA told me that the longer it takes for them to tell you- the better the chances of getting upgraded!!

This is true. If a certain sailing is sold out, there is no motivation for the cruise line to wait b4 assigning rooms. You are sailing during a time that cruises are "soft" or, they are not sold out. That is why I always cruise in April or May. If the ship is not close to being sold out, they are going to wait until the last minute to assign/upgrade the guarantee rooms. Because they aren't going to assign a 4a GTY to a 6a room when they still have the hope of selling the 6a for full price. If the ship is sold out way in advance, they just assign rooms and let you know (or you can find out). No need to wait. In my case, I am sailing the Inspiration April 30th. I got my docs a couple weeks ago and on the back of the Sail and Sign form was a room assigned. I booked a 4a GTY and got a 4d at the very aft of the ship which I am very happy about. But when I check modify booking or try to order gifts from Carnival's site, it still says TBA or guar, which leads me to believe that I haven't "officially" been assigned to a room. It just makes sense that the cruise line will not upgrade if the posibility of getting full price for a specific room still exists. Now, all that said, I will be very happy regardless of where they place me and that is the important thing to remember when booking GTY.

If you want a gift and have a gauaranteed cabin you will call the 1-800 number listed on the gift page. Sometimes even if your cabin is assigned they still want you to call the 1-800 number.

Archived