Can I Make a Flight Time in Mallorca?

Spire2000

Considering a cruise that would have us end up our trip in Palma de Mallorca. The cruise is scheduled to get in for 6:00am and the flight out would be at 9:50am.

I'm looking for some advice on whether this sort of tight connection is recommended in this port. The cruise is in the middle of July so the weather conditions should be fine.

Any advice is appreciated.

It seems that you have almost 4 hours to go from the Port to your flight leaves.

• You should be able to pick up your luggage in the terminal not later than 06:30, or to save time you could choose to take it ashore yourself.
  • The distance from the Port to the Airport in Palma is about 13 km (8 miles). At that time of the day a taxi can do that in 20 min.
  • Check-in time would not be more than 2 hours before departure.

Conclusion; You have more than enough time!

Screwcork

• 2 weeks later...
The cruise is in the middle of July

I think there's your answer. You are travelling to one of the most popular beach destinations in the Med in the peak of the holiday season. To quote Wikipedia: "During the summer months Palma is one of the busiest airports in Europe". Per year, PMI deals with more than 21 million passengers, most of them in summer. The skies above France and Spain can be seriously blocked by an abundance of air traffic in July, leading to air traffic delays. The morning flights from north-western Europe all come in at around 8-9 o'clock and leave 45 -50 minutes later. Guess what time you want to travel? I would not cut it so close. Getting to the airport might not be the problem, but checking in could become your worst nightmare.

If you share a little more information where you are flying to, perhaps we can help you with flight options.

Archived