Costa neoRomantica Australia & New Zealand cruises

Capricruiser

G.M.T. gave us a heads up back in August but now the Costa Italy website is showing cruises around Australia and New Zealand for November and December 2012 with the Costa neoRomantica. On 21 November it will sail from Singapore on a 22 day cruise with four port calls in Indonesia (Semarang, Bali, Lombok and Komodo) and stopping at Darwin, Cairns, Brisbane and ending at Melbourne. On 13 December the neoRomantica will leave Melbourne for New Zealand on a 21 day cruise with stops at Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington, Picton, Akaroa, and Dunedin, then returning to Hobart and then Melbourne.

On 3 January 2013 it will leave Melbourne for a 25 day cruise back to Singapore with the same Australia/Indonesia port calls. What happens after is not yet announced but it will probably return to Europe.

All you Aussies and Kiwis as well as fans for that part of the world may now have some new cruise experiences. G.M.T. and Goldryder, where are you???

Yeah............though we are just looking at the NZ and Aus component. I did check bookings yesterday - and the cheap and cheerful inside cabins are booked up. That isn't to say that there wouldn't be cancellations later on. This of course is through Costa Shanghai (no Aus Costa for us anymore) We just like Costa - so doing the Aus/NZ section would be great. We can do this cruise on other lines - and probably would at some time - but can't help liking Costa - so we will jump at the chance - no comments please from Grumpy 100 - I won't listen :eek::D:rolleyes:

But do Costa serve tap water and coffee with dinner in the MDR - I really think that Australian cruisers would prefer this service if it is offered to them on other lines. The itinerary, especially from Singapore to Sydney and the New Zealand cruise are offered by other lines and if Costa wants to compete with the other cruise lines, they need to offer the same services that people in this part of the world are already offered.

I am not too sure about Romantica, I have been on it, and I don't particularly want to go on it again - has it changed much with its neo addition.

I am waiting to see if Costa Victoria is doing Singapore to Singapore about the same time. It looks like more my type of ship. It looks more modern with more picture windows on the entertainment decks which Romantica, seemed to lack.

Rosie

But do Costa serve tap water and coffee with dinner in the MDR - I really think that Australian cruisers would prefer this service if it is offered to them on other lines. The itinerary, especially from Singapore to Sydney and the New Zealand cruise are offered by other lines and if Costa wants to compete with the other cruise lines, they need to offer the same services that people in this part of the world are already offered.

I am not too sure about Romantica, I have been on it, and I don't particularly want to go on it again - has it changed much with its neo addition.

I am waiting to see if Costa Victoria is doing Singapore to Singapore about the same time. It looks like more my type of ship. It looks more modern with more picture windows on the entertainment decks which Romantica, seemed to lack.

Rosie

Normally your MDR waiter will bring you a pitcher of iced water but you have to ask for it. To my knowledge coffee is a pay-for item. Whether they do something different to meet Australian custom we'll have to wait and see. The Italian custom is to take coffee after the dinner is over, and usually at a bar.

Regarding the Romantica, it won't be out of the restyling drydock until February but have you seen the computer generated photos of how she will be? All those new cabins and suites with balconies, the new added decks with spa, gym, lounges, new buffet, etc. I think the neoRomantica will be on a par with the new ships of the last couple years. You can google the name and everything from photos to deckplans will come up.

The September - October 2012 itineraries are very interesting as well, as the ship repositions through the Suez to the Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean, India, Thailand, etc.:)

Archived