Question about transferring to another person

Rahi

Just in case this should happen, and no I don't have insurance, could I add a 3rd name, and then it would be me, my sister that do not go on cruise, and then third person , and which ever person she picks could? I called TA, and she said anyone on reservations could go, and pick someone else. So , mind spinning I am thinking (if I had to) , I could add 3rd person, and have my sister , and I cancel, and 3rd person , and which ever person she picks goes on cruise. Can it work that way? I still pay, but at least it wouldn't go to waste.

It's the OS so that is not a problem, but can she then add another person? Say I add her as 3rd, I canceled say a week later for me, and my sister, can the 3rd person add another then? HOPEFULLY this will not happen, but just in case I want to think about the what ifs. I am strange like that.

Wow - doing a high end cabin, with a chance you will not even go.

Keep in mind that if three go, the OS is not the greatest set up for three people. One person winds up on the couch, if they have one. These suites are really meant for two people

Wow - doing a high end cabin, with a chance you will not even go.

Keep in mind that if three go, the OS is not the greatest set up for three people. One person winds up on the couch, if they have one. These suites are really meant for two people

No, no, it would only be for two, cause my sister, and I would not be going , so it would be for whatever person we put on for 3rd person, and who ever they picked to go, ........I was just wondering if this was possible , just in case. It would only be for two not matter what. BUT I did see you can say 3 , even 4 are going , and they will offer you an Owner's suite. So I think my question is, when/if I put 3rd person on reservation, and then a forth quickly, can I then cancel myself n my sister, and let them two have it? I hope I am not too dumb to make this come across clearly.

if you are concerned that something may happen, why not just buy the insurance? Too late already?

I think it may be too late? It is for Feb 4th. And I still not able to say it is not ok, so it may still fine, lol. There is a medical thing with me that may happen, and I pray it does not come to that. You just don't know. I am winging it, and may not work out. But as long as I know two people can enjoy it in my place , I would be happy.

No, no, it would only be for two, cause my sister, and I would not be going , so it would be for whatever person we put on for 3rd person, and who ever they picked to go, ........I was just wondering if this was possible , just in case. It would only be for two not matter what. BUT I did see you can say 3 , even 4 are going , and they will offer you an Owner's suite. So I think my question is, when/if I put 3rd person on reservation, and then a forth quickly, can I then cancel myself n my sister, and let them two have it? I hope I am not too dumb to make this come across clearly.

It is my understanding (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) that you cannot do what you are proposing (or hoping to do). Someone on your original reservation (either you or your sister) has to go. NCL will not allow you to substitute two different people for the original two people who are booked. They will allow ONE of the two original people to be replaced but not both. If you attempt to replace both, NCL will consider it a cancellation and a new booking, resulting in possible penalties. Go to this link to read all the fine print in their terms and conditions:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=IndivTermsConditions

Wow I was confused just reading through what you wanted to do and why.

Are you before or after final payment due? If you are before why not cancel the whole thing and rebook with whoever might actually be going when you actually know whats what.

Are you before or after final payment due? If you are before why not cancel the whole thing and rebook with whoever might actually be going when you actually know whats what.

I'm with you on this one. ?????

Sorry for that! I am after final payment.

It is my understanding (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) that you cannot do what you are proposing (or hoping to do). Someone on your original reservation (either you or your sister) has to go. NCL will not allow you to substitute two different people for the original two people who are booked. They will allow ONE of the two original people to be replaced but not both. If you attempt to replace both, NCL will consider it a cancellation and a new booking, resulting in possible penalties. Go to this link to read all the fine print in their terms and conditions:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=IndivTermsConditions

Oh ok , thanks. I think you are saying out of the original two , no matter how many I added on later, one of the two have to still be going?

Oh ok , thanks. I think you are saying out of the original two , no matter how many I added on later, one of the two have to still be going?

Yes, somebody from the original booking has to be in the room. You cannot switch everybody out.

BUT - you might be able to add people and one or even two of the original "miss the boat". Lets say you have 4 people booked for the room, and it is allowed in this room. Then, two never show up. You still pay for 4 people, and the two that "miss the boat" - well, they just miss the boat.

My understanding is that one of the original people must be on the cruise.

BUT - you might be able to add people and one or even two of the original "miss the boat". Lets say you have 4 people booked for the room, and it is allowed in this room. Then, two never show up. You still pay for 4 people, and the two that "miss the boat" - well, they just miss the boat.

Ah see I think that would work cause say we are going in two seperate cars, , and wouldn't see each other til on ship. Well they are not going to say no to the two (that were my add ons later), getting on the ship without us. We are just not checking in same time, and we just never show up type thing. Right??

Archived