Price drop OBC question

abitaturbodog

Last night I noticed that the rate for my upcoming cruise dropped over $100. I called my online TA and asked the representative to put through a price drop/obc. She said that since there was only 1 cabin available at that price (Porthole) Carnival would probably NOT honor the price drop. She said that the cabin would most likely be gone by the morning, "when the Carnival people process the price drops" and if it's gone, then I don't get the credit.

Does this sound right? If the cabin's booked by morning time, would Carnival not give me the credit? Or do they have a way of checking the time that the TA submitted the price drop against their rates?

I took a screen shot and saved it to my computer, just in case. I would be interested to know if anyone has had this situation before and how it worked out.

Thanks!

You should submit it yourself. Put in the comment section the name and agency of your TA and that they refused to submit it on your behalf.

Maybe Carnival will give 'em a kick in the backside.

I actually did this--submitted it myself and in the comment section wrote what the TA told me. I got the price drop back this afternoon and it was denied by Carnival. Said that the TA had to submit it.

I'm hoping that the TA submitted it when she said that she did last night. I've complained on this board about this online TA before. First time I haven't used a Carnival PVP and the LAST time too! I've learned my lesson and will always use a PVP from now on.

I should hear back from Carnival in the next 48 hours...hope it's good news!

Even though the TA finally put it in for you, it's still time to kick him/her to the curb. Sounds like he/she was initially just being lazy and making some excuse to not submit it.

Glad to here you got the obc!

Definitely kicking the online TA to the curb! We got a free hotel room at the port the night before the cruise for booking with this company, but it wasn't worth all the hassle.

Just after we booked, I was looking at the documents and noticed a $24.99 service fee on each cabin. Really!? The TA never told me about a service fee. I fussed and complained and they removed the fee, but I felt like I had been scammed. I'll bet most cruisers don't really look at their documents and probably let the fee go unnoticed.

It's a PVP for me from now on.:)

Archived