should I book a guarantee? help!

bluesea4me

OK, I'm wanting to book a cruise. We've only sailed once and it was an oceanview. I like knowing if there are tons of waves that the rocking may be heavy, but we are still upside right. :rolleyes:

I want to hear the good, bad, and ugly of this choice. Will the chance of having a loud dance club above or below me be less than not? :confused:

Thanks for your input!

I'm having a lot of fun and anticipation with my GTY.

I booked a balcony GTY for $100pp less than the cheapest balcony.

I'm logging in every day, and watching the balconies on deck 6 disappear... I'm in hopes of getting deck 7, (or maybe 10 or 11!!)

Right now, there's ONE balcony left on deck 6... and I still don't have my assignment. At the point, I figure there's a pretty good chance of getting a nicer cabin than the cheapest in the category.

But... at the end of the day... I realized that I might get the cheapest in the category... but booking the GTY allowed me to get a balcony instead of an OV.

It's really all a matter of perspective, I guess. I'm viewing whatever I get assigned as better than an OV.

But someone who books a GTY expecting to get bumped to an Aft-view or Premium Vista may be disappointed when they don't get that.

I can't control what I get... But I can control my expectations!

Is there a certain time before sailing that they typically assign a cabin? Or, is it any time until check in? It is sort of exciting!

My last cruise was an Alaskan cruise. We had a balcony guarantee, didn't have a cabin assigned until we checked in before boarding the ship. Received a suite, which was a very pleasant surprise!

Archived