Current Concierges continued

PH8

Just returned today from our second cruise on Enchantment this year. Reyno is still Concierge. This is such a great room, as previously stated. Right at the Centrum, a comfortable room with comfortable chairs aligned for meeting/greeting friends, lots of windows, and plenty of room for making drinks and displaying food.

So sad Enchantment will be repositioned to Port Canaveral for the 3/4 night runs next year. That schedule's got to take a toll on a ship and staff after awhile.

What's the Concierge Lounge like on sister/non-stretched Grandeur? She's replacing Enchantment in Baltimore when Enchantment leaves.

It's been moved up into one side of the Viking Crown area. If it's similar to Rhapsody, which we experienced back in June, it is separated from Viking Crown by a partition with openings at the top and bottom. Unfortunately, this allows smoke from the smoking area of Viking Crown to migrate into the CL.

It's been moved up into one side of the Viking Crown area. If it's similar to Rhapsody, which we experienced back in June, it is separated from Viking Crown by a partition with openings at the top and bottom. Unfortunately, this allows smoke from the smoking area of Viking Crown to migrate into the CL.

Rats!! We've discovered having a CL is a really important perk for us when we decide whether to book one of the suites that allows CL access,... but my wife and I aren't smokers. We've only been up to the Viking Crown a few times on the RCI ships we've sailed, but even in the daytime when it's quiet and abandoned, it's really smoky. :(

The top is open on the Grandeur - didn't experience any problem with smoking but in the evening the cooking smell from the Asian restaurant, Izumi, drifts over occasionally

I'm in agreement with Gina on this one. The location of Enchantment's CL is very convenient. The CL on Rhapsody was out of the way, up in Viking Crown. Lots of time spent waiting for the elevator.

Bob

I'm in agreement with Gina on this one. The location of Enchantment's CL is very convenient. The CL on Rhapsody was out of the way, up in Viking Crown. Lots of time spent waiting for the elevator.

Bob

The CL on EN is also being relocated up off the VCL when it goes in for her enhancements.

Too bad, it's one of the nicest (and most convenient) in the fleet. More staterooms I'm guessing?

You're right, it is one of the nicest and most convenient lounges.

Here is a list of what is being done on Enchantment courtesy of Reyno....

DECK 4.........Totally demolishing the marble - making it flat and adding new R BAR!!!!

DECK 6.........Loyalty desk is moving to where the art program is right now....

Deck 6..........Opposite Cafe Latitudes will be the internet cafe/library shelves

Deck 7..........8 CABINS will replace what was the library/loyalty areas

Deck 8..........8 CABINS will replace what was concierge/i-cafe

Deck 9..........BIG FLAT SCREEN on Pool Deck

Deck 11........Concierge will now be at the back part of VCL

Deck 11.........Diamond Concierge * will now be at top part of VCL

* If you look on the deck plans it currently shows the DL going in Deck 6 at the front of The Spotlight Lounge.

Edited by cruisenfever

DECK 4.........Totally demolishing the marble - making it flat and adding new R BAR!!!!

Deck 6..........Opposite Cafe Latitudes will be the internet cafe/library shelves

* If you look on the deck plans it currently shows the DL going in Deck 6 at the front of The Spotlight Lounge.

Thanks Patti.

Bob

Bob

I agree also. I felt this way from the first time I heard about the new CL location on Radiance. I'm sorry to hear Enchantment is loosing its CL current location and maybe some letter writing might help but I'm thinking not. As a suite guest, I do know I will not book ships that have it in these upper locations.

Patti, I hope they get the air conditioning right for the cabins.

They were always working on the air in the CL and had a fan there most of the time!

Not sad for me.......going with a group next Sept and will get to meet "Clarea":D:D:D
Kathy, go with us on the Independance OTS December 8th and you can meet Clarea this year. Why wait!!;)

Then, we can meet YOU!:D

We met Raj in March on Independence but after reading the earlier posts re Israel having taken over as Concierge on Indie after Ken left I am now a little disappointed as we have never sailed with Israel before and I wanted to know what all the fuss was about:D.

Looks like they did a straight swap, wasn't Raj on Grandeur for a while?

Hi Heather

When you meet Israel you will know what the fuss is about. And he is very kind on the eyes :-P xxxxxx

Edited by kimberley

Kathy, go with us on the Independance OTS December 8th and you can meet Clarea this year. Why wait!!;)

Then, we can meet YOU!:D

So many cruises,so little $$$:( I would if I could..

Edited by PH8

AD Adventure of the Seas -Silvia Abreu De Gasperi

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)- Fernando Ugalde Nadal and Rahim Fraoui (Dexter Fraser on vacation as of 10/07/12)

(Diamond)-Anayansy Jimenez

BR Brilliance of the Seas -Betsy Medrano-till 12/8/12

EN Enchantment of the Seas -Reyno Varkevisser as of 09/06/12(Sneh Patell)

EX Explorer of the Seas -Mario Reyes as of 4/12/12-

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)- Willie Salaya as of 09/16/12

(Diamond)-Rahul Barua till 11/04/12

GR Grandeur of the Seas -(Suite Concierge)- Israel Sanchez

(Diamond) Ruth Romo

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 06/30/12

JW Jewel of the Seas -Fernando Cataldo(Jasmin Villajuan)

LG Legend of the Seas -none till 2/7/13

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz

(Diamond)--Oana Popa till mid Dec(Nicola Baker)

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -(Concierge)-Erik Lafitte (Luca Iorio)

(Diamond)-Marion De Moura (Erik Lafitte as of 11/2/12)

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas –Ricardo Mock(Alexandra Elena Nica)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Allan Fajardo and Charmaine

(Diamond)Francis Calimag (Hayley De Vos Luzio)

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen-as of 06/01/12

(Diamond) Gazetty James(Andrew Finegold till10/26/12 ( Gazetty James)

RH Rhapsody of the Seas-(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay till 10/14/12(Pretty Shamu 10/14/12-1/23/13)

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(Baris 10/14/12-03/13)

SR Serenade of the Seas -Francois Roux till mid December(Daniel Ascol)

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi as of 05/02/12

(Diamond)Telma Santos

VI Vision of the Seas - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager of the Seas -Yangyang Qi

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

We're home after two wonderful weeks on Allure. Dexter Fraser left yesterday for vacation and was anxiously looking forward to spending time with his beautiful daughter. Rahim Fraoui is now sharing the Concierge desk with Fernando.

Thanks for the info!!:D

I was told by RCCL that the Concierge on the Adventure will be "Sucel Nickings" - anyone ever heard or him/her?

Thanks,

Canuck

Sorry,I never heard of him/her?? When will that person be the concierge(if not already)??:confused:

Sorry,I never heard of him/her?? When will that person be the concierge(if not already)??:confused:

PH8 - Received an e-mail from RCCL re our upcoming T/A on AOS on November 3rd and it said that Sucel Nickings would be the Concierge. I am guessing that it is a she? I have never heard of this person either.

Canuck

Just off the Brilliance of the Seas and had Betsy Medrano as Concierge! Did not impress any of us, she never greeted anyone that came into the room. She sat most of the time reading her e-mail. Hope all of you had a better time in the Concierge Lounge with her than we did.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

We just finished the Vancouver to Honolulu run with Rhapsody and have only good things to say about Amit. "Big A" (at 5' 8") was really one of the most proactive Concierges we've had. I wonder if he (they) were twins...he was always available and handled any request we had with aplomb and efficiency. If anyone has his services, they will enjoy their cruise.

WWS