Current Concierges continued

PH8

Hi Kathy, The last time I communicated with Willie he said he would be back on board around Jan 22 and he would be in the CL. When we were on the Freedom 11/27 Amit told us he would be in the DL when we returned in Feb so that's the line up from Amit and Willie. I am guessing Rahul will go on vacation soon but I don't know that for a fact!

Helen

We were on the Freedom sailing ending Jan. 8 and Rahul said he was leaving soon (I thought he said in a week) to go on vacation.

We were on the Freedom sailing ending Jan. 8 and Rahul said he was leaving soon (I thought he said in a week) to go on vacation.

Yes,I know that...just wondering who was going to be in the CL and who was going to be in the DL......:confused:

That's because we can't remember how to spell or pronounce it!:D

I got a response from Reyno to my email about Charmaine and I'll let you figure out what it means. He wrote " she is a Diamond Concierge and she was to become the suite Concierge on the Rhapsody...". The way I interpret that is that after Rhapsody comes out of dry dock, she will be the new Concierge. But, then you know how quickly things can change at RCI.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a reasonable interpretation to me. She was D concierge on Oasis before performing the vacation replacement on Enchantment.

i looked through the thread but she's a long one. forgive me if this has been stated already, but Amit told us last week he is leaving Freedom in a couple of weeks, and headed onto the Rhapsody.

i looked through the thread but she's a long one. forgive me if this has been stated already, but Amit told us last week he is leaving Freedom in a couple of weeks, and headed onto the Rhapsody.

That's strange as Rhapsody does not have either a CL nor DL at the moment. That is going to change when the ship goes into dry dock in March.

That's strange as Rhapsody does not have either a CL nor DL at the moment. That is going to change when the ship goes into dry dock in March.

I'm quite sure that's the ship he said- maybe it is getting a CL? He said it was being overhauled, and then his life was changing considerable as he heads to a smaller ship to do Australia and Alaska.

Edited by twoforthegirl

I'm quite sure that's the ship he said- maybe it is getting a CL? He said it was being overhauled, and then his life was changing considerable as he heads to a smaller ship to do Australia and Alaska.

Yes, Rhapsody is scheduled to get both a CL and a DL when she goes into dry dock. Sounds like he is going home on vacation for 2 months and then meeting up with the ship as, according to the RCI website, she is going into dry dock in April of this year. Sure will be a change for him after being on a Freedom class.

Bummer. Amit was great. I want him to stay on Freedom:rolleyes:

Who will be taking Isreal's place on VOS?

No one knows who is taking Isreal's place. We got an email from him and it hasn't been decided. We will be on the Voyager Feb 11 to Mar 3 so will try to find out and let you know. Hate to see Isreal go we all love him.

I just received an email from Fernando for my Adventure cruise next week.

First of all, enjoy your cruise next week, wishing you smooth seas and sunny skies!

Second, if you get a chance, perhaps you could ask Fernando if he has any news of Reshma. We met her last January and very much enjoyed doing so, and were hoping she might still be the concierge on the Adventure in December when we re-visit for another Southern Caribbean cruise.

Thanks!

bobj

Me too :(

Amit was absolutely fabulous! Maybe I'll have to track him down on an Alaska route :)

Just puzzled, what is Amit going to do on the Rhapsody since I did not think that ship had a CL? Amit is our favorite, hate to see him wonder off the Freedom reservation!!

Amit is joining the Rhapsody after dry dock and I think, no sure, that they are adding a Concierge Lounge to the ship. RCI has not said what's happening in dry dock but since Amit is going there, it might mean a Concierge Lounge is coming?? I will ask him when I see him on 2/12. Often the Concierge is promoted to Guest Relations so maybe that's what he'll be doing.

I got an email from Amit last night. He said he would be taking care of the suites, set up the lounge and policies. The Freedom just won't be the same without Amit. He is such a delight. I may have to go on the Rhapsody just to see him.

Sherry

That certainly will be good news about a CL on the Rhapsody but kind of not so good that Amit will leave the Freedom. I am able to hop on the Freedom a lot easier here in Florida as opposed to going out West. Good for him in any event:)! Let us know what you find out after your 2/12 cruise, torpeedo.

AD Adventure of the Seas -Fernando

Dina? (Reshma on vacation 12/18/11)

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)-Fernando/Rahim

(Diamond)-Dexter Fraser

BR Brilliance of the Seas - Betsy Medrano(Edson Rosa on vacation 12/11/11)

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser (Charmaine Femandas on vacation 01/16/12)

EX Explorer of the Seas -Carlos Javier Ortiz

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)-Willie

(Diamond)-Amit till 2/19/12 - Rahul Barua(on vacation)

GR Grandeur of the Seas - none

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) -Ken Boodoo

(Diamond) -Coumella Arandia

JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid (Jasmin on vacation12/10/11 )

LG Legend of the Seas -none

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Mario Reyes till 2/18/12

Oana Popa-- Diamond Lounge until 2/17/2012--then go to Concierge Lounge from 2/18/ to 4/9--returning to Diamond Lounge 4/10 to 4/28

(Nicola Baker on vacation as of 11/12/11)

(Francois on vacation 12/15/11)

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -Luca Lorgio(Nadia Gruber on vacation)

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas – Karen Hernandez(starts vacation 04/12)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Allan/Natalia

(Diamond) Roberto

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge) Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(till 3/6/12 returns 4/5/120

(Diamond)Steven Newall(In Concierge 3/6/12-4/5/12)

RH Rhapsody of the Seas -Amit(date TBD)

SR Serenade of the Seas -Victor--(Mario Reyes-till Dec 19,2011) Francois(back Feb 2012)

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi(till 04/22/12)

VI Vision of the Seas - none

VY Voyager of the Seas -Israel Sanchez(till 03/12)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

Edited by PH8