Special Touches - Superior Deluxe Balcony - Ventura

Marmaduke

We have decided to treat ourselves and have booked a Superior Deluxe Cabin on Ventura for a Caribbean cruise. I notice that the P & O brochure mentions a list of "special touches" for these grades of cabin. Can someone please tell me what the magazine selection consists of, as it may save me stocking up at the airport and what are the canapes like?

From memory there were about 3 magazines in the rack, general interest titles like Country Life. Canapes were forgettable and were all of the same variety, not a selection. You also get the use of a P&O golf umbrella (usefull) and a large and heavy pair of binoculars.

Unless you are desperate for a bath tub, you would be better going for one of the standard cabins with the larger balcony, especially round the Caribbean. Had the superior cabin in April and it was nice but would have got more use from the larger balcony.

I tend to agree with you, we normally book C Deck but this was a late bargain on a guarantee basis. At the time there were no C Deck balconies left and I didn't want to risk a guarantee balcony and end up on Riviera Deck under the pool area.

I tend to agree with you, we normally book C Deck but this was a late bargain on a guarantee basis. At the time there were no C Deck balconies left and I didn't want to risk a guarantee balcony and end up on Riviera Deck under the pool area.

Oh well the superior room is very nice with the extra sitting area. The perks are not that good and the canapés are awful. We got our upgraded balcony as a free upgrade when we booked.

Archived