Seabourn Legend... the Italian Idyll

DrmnOfMaui

6 weeks ago my husband surprised me with an anniversary present of a cruise on the Seabourn Legend on the Italian Idyll itinerary. Giving me 5 weeks longer to plan than he did on our last cruise, I took advantage of these CC boards in addition to other boards and wanted to share a few of my favorite photos from the ship.

i-7gjrDTK-S.jpg

My favorite place for breakfast!

i-nDxcvqN-S.jpg

Ahhh... the bread!!!

i-fCbjTWc-S.jpg

The cheese souffle everyone was talking about (delicious!)

i-wDxMRfc-S.jpg

Afternoon snacks in our cabin...

i-NZvmFmP-S.jpg

Thanks honey!

The cruise was absolutely delightful... everything we thought it would be. From the moment we arrived to our departing goodbyes we were spoiled and enjoying a wonderful vacation. We met a number of very enjoyable couples and were often some of the last in the dining room.

The food in the dining room was as good as everyone has been saying as well as the dinners in Restaurant 2. In Restaurant 2 we particularly enjoyed the Asian night with my husband proclaiming the soup one of the best he's ever had. Our second evening in Restaurant 2 was the "Tasting" night, small offerings of differing flavors with the Apricot Beinget being my favorite!

The itinerary was also perfect. With our four action packed days pre-cruise in Rome we were ready for a slower pace and hoping to have time to not only enjoy the ports but also time on the ship. The Italian Idyll was a perfect fit for our plans.

Stops in Sorrento, Taormina, Malta, Trapani, Lipari and Gaeta had us off the ship every day with plenty of time to explore. As we had never been to any of these ports we decided to spend time in port rather that schedule tours on most days. A 1/2 day tour in Malta with Touring Malta was very enjoyable and as it was in the middle of our itinerary we were ready for another more scheduled day.

One notable evening I rose at 3:30 AM along with about 5 other passengers as the ship made a pass of the volcano Stromboli. The Captain had raved about the eruptions but with a bit of cloud cover over the top of the volcano we thought we had gotten up for nothing... however, just as we were ready to head back to bed the clouds parted just in time for us to see the volcano belch a stream of lava up into the air and the pieces glittered down the slopes. No photos as it was just too dark, but something I will never forget!

Here are a few of my favorite shots from the trip:

IMG8272-S.jpg

Cappuccino and Cannoli in Taormina. The BEST ever!!

IMG7953-S.jpg

Sorrento... simply beautiful

IMG8488-S.jpg

The Blue Grotto - Malta. Unfortunately the weather was not with us this day and we had wind and rain. Still extraordinarily beautiful though!

IMG8092-S.jpg

Sunset passing Capri

Archived