Conk not conch!

crusinpsychRN

I saw 2 cooking shows today and chefs called conch conch. It's conk. Just want to make sure all the CC'ers know this. Anyone say conch?

You can get really good conch in the islands made any number of ways, fried or ceviche being favorites.

is this a carnival ship?

I was home from work today & saw the same show. The chef who said "conch" spoke english with a foreign accent...I'm sure english wasn't his first language. Cut him some slack lol.

And yes, it is yummy. :D. Favorite conch for me has been at Turtle Kraal's in Key West, at the Parrot Club in San Juan & at the 9 Beaches Resort in Bermuda.

Zorba's in Freeport has the best conch fritters, chowder, cracked conch. They are in the Port Lucaya marketplace and are open early for breakfast.

Try the stewed conch with johnny cake and grits for breakfast; a true Bahamian delicacy and absolutely wonderful! You will be full for hours!

I've heard conch is really good. My son loves it. But I saw some men pulling it out of the conch shell, and I will never get past that. I could never eat it after seeing what it looks like. :o

Then you never want to see what geoduck (gooey duck) looks like before it's cooked. :rolleyes:

Archived