Top Chef and Allure's Molly Brandt

EVALUATOR

Are you trying to suggest the XChef for the Allue or the Oasis is going to relinquish or delegate to another cook when it is ther butt on the line???

You said the menu at 150 CP isn't Molly's. I simply corrected you; Molly does indeed plan the menu at that venue. Ultimately I'm sure someone must give it a stamp of approval, but it is her menu.

Wow she graduated from culinary school and I must have a meal planned by her...... RU serious???????

AND what you dont think the XCHEF of OASIS or ALLURE has veto power??? WOW OK

Um, no. YOU do not need need to have a meal planned by her. You are welcome to eat all of your meals in the MDR or the Windjammer. :rolleyes:

Ultimately I'm sure someone must give it a stamp of approval, but it is her menu.

True I will agree .....but a new grad chef @ any new restaurant in the world still needs approval

She may be the Xchef of 150cp she still has a boss It doesnt matter how much potential she has

A large number in the culinary field call themselves "Chef" but to achieve such a high status takes years and must be recognized by sitting judges on various boards through out the world. I argue people on the food network etc. although they refer to themselves as "chef" they are just publishized cooks. Second I for one have never eaten in her restuarant but have to give her credit for 1. competing and 2. having to endure the snobbery of other "chefs":rolleyes: both on the show and in the public. Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.

And on the flip side, the X chef at 150 on Oasis has a couple of restaurants in Miami. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=michael_schwartz

He designed his own tasting menu (and yes, I ate there).

I'm confused why some are so surprised / taken aback that an executive chef in an intimate specialty restaurant is given the responsibility of designing his or her own menu... It's really not such a crazy concept.

DO you really think a great chef would work on a cruiseline????

They are line cooks @ the most

And while she may be a good cook Its not her menu and any good chef knows they arnt anything till thier name is on the menu[/

What makes you think she is not capable of designing her own menu? She was not only able to prepare a fabulous dinner, she was also good enough to modify some of the dishes based on our preferences/limitations and all the dishes came out great. By the way she described one of the recipies, a cheese soup with caramelized popcorn, i Would bet it is her menu.

Anyway, she has my vote of aproval.

We were so excited to try 150 on the Allure and were very disappointed with the meal.

Two of the dishes were too salty to eat. We each took a bite and that was it.

I like salt and loved the choice of six different salts to add to the unsalted butter so for me to proclaim something too salty is rare.

No one other than our waiter approached our table. He was great and asked us if anything was wrong with the two dishes. We said, yes, too salty. That was that and the tasting continued.

Glad we tried it, just disappointed with the result.

Kathy

True I will agree .....but a new grad chef @ any new restaurant in the world still needs approval

She may be the Xchef of 150cp she still has a boss It doesnt matter how much potential she has

So what's your point? First you said it wasn't her menu when it actually is. Now you seem intent on pointing out that she has a boss??? Ok, so she has a boss, big deal. It doesn't mean she is any less talented in the kitchen. :confused:

We were so excited to try 150 on the Allure and were very disappointed with the meal.

Two of the dishes were too salty to eat. We each took a bite and that was it.

I like salt and loved the choice of six different salts to add to the unsalted butter so for me to proclaim something too salty is rare.

No one other than our waiter approached our table. He was great and asked us if anything was wrong with the two dishes. We said, yes, too salty. That was that and the tasting continued.

Glad we tried it, just disappointed with the result.

Kathy

That is very unfortunate. We had outstanding food AND service in 150 on both Oasis and Allure, so I know your experience is not the norm there.

I agree. We ate at 150 Central, and Molly was the chef. She came out and spoke to us during the meal and we thought the food was excellent! A thoroughly enjoyable experience, and isn't that what it is supposed to be?

I couldn't care less what she did or didn't do on a TV show.

Archived