Adding 2nd person to Single Cabin

bluegirlum

I have a reservation for a single cabin on Majesty in January. My friend says she wants to come with me. Obviously I'd love for her to come and stay in my cabin--and save some money. It's past final payment. Anyone know if this is allowed? Thanks!

Yes you can add another person no problem, just call RCCL and ask them how to go about it.

When you add your friend, you will need to add taxes/fee/port charges for the 2nd person, so expect to pay a little more.

I recently added my sister to my single booking (after final payment), and ended up paying less that $400 more for her port charges/taxes/fees/gratuities for our 7 day cruise.

Yes you can add another person no problem, just call RCCL and ask them how to go about it.

Did you book with a travel agent? if so call that person to help you. If you booked with a TA and call RC about it they won't even talk to you, just tell you to call the agent.

Did you book with a travel agent? if so call that person to help you. If you booked with a TA and call RC about it they won't even talk to you, just tell you to call the agent.

I booked online with RC. I know I could've just gone to their website but I figured I'd get the answer more quickly on here! :)

Thanks everyone!

you may have to pay the difference between the rate you booked and the current rate plus the taxes and port fees for the second person.

It should be based on the original rate......not the rate they add the person.

It should be based on the original rate......not the rate they add the person.

True. I had a friend who booked a TA as a single right after it came out on my advice because I knew the rate would most likely go up. Rates did go up substantially. At one time it was triple what she booked at but settled at about 1 1/2 times right before sailing. By booking so early, she had a good selection of cabins. She got a roommate when the rates were sky high and the roommate booked at her rate plus port/government fees. At the time her friend joined her, cabin selection was the pits.

Tucker in Texas

Archived