Snorkelling St. Maarten

Tipsy252

Will be in St. Maarten 3rd Jan on the Eclipse (9:00 - 18:00). DH and I would like to go to a beach for snorkelling and then go to Maho for lunch to see some of the big planes, then back to Philipsburg.

Would the above be OK to do by Taxi from the cruise port? I was also wondering if anyone had any experience of snorkelling at Little Bay, Mullet bay or Orient Beach? Where is better?

We've snorkeled at Little Bay and Orient Beach. There is really no snorkeling to speak of at Orient Beach. Little Bay has great snorkeling if you walk far to the left side of the beach, toward the Fort. There are chairs and umbrellas available for rent and a bar/restaurant just a few steps away. We've seen squid at this location and return to Little Bay every time we're in St. Maartin.

Snowcat - I think Little Bay is to the west of Philipsburg, just past the headland with Fort Amsterdam on it. Apparently it is quite a sheltered spot for snorkelling. I also think this is where the Tiki Hut snorkel is? :confused:

I think DH and I will be getting a taxi to little Bay try some snorkelling for an hour or two then we will head to Maho for lunch / snack and watch a few planes landing. Plan on leaving Maho by 14:00 to get back to Philipsburg to sink another cold one at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Archived